MotorsportReg.com is the best place to organize, find and attend auto, motorcycle or kart racing and motorsport events. We are like Eventbrite for anything requiring an engine: racing, track days, autocross, karting, drifting, motorcycles and rally.
We have achieved product-market fit, 1,300 customers and solid revenues through the network effects of a two-sided marketplace and hustle. Because of great word of mouth, we only hired our first real account exec in the last 12 months. Now we are seeking an experienced revenue leader who can align and optimize the entire customer experience to triple revenue in 3 years.
As a Software-as-a-Service platform, where our customers pay us over time, the success of our customers is absolutely vital to our long-term profitability. We can not succeed unless our customers get massive value from our software and service. Your role is to gain, maintain and grow happy MotorsportReg customers. Responsibilities include oversight for Sales activities (prospecting, converting and closing) and outcomes (revenue, profitability) and Customer Success activities (onboarding, support, services, adoption, advocacy, retention) and outcomes (renewals, up-sell, cross-sells).
This role is to our small but growing fully-remote team what a Chief Revenue Officer is to a larger enterprise. While your focus will be on Sales and Success outcomes, you'll spend varying amounts of time with product, marketing and collaborating with the Managing Director (to whom you report).
What You’ll Do includes:
Own Revenue outcomes:
- Go-to-market strategy - from demand gen to sales and renewals.
- Operations - own operations across sales and customer success and have deep knowledge of processes and systems that enable them
- Data - about everything from lead velocity rate, customer acquisition cost (CAC) and average revenue per account (ARPA) to website conversion, product usage, value delivered, churn, customer feedback, and efficacy of internal processes
- Market intelligence - create a process to aggregate, organize and prioritize new product, feature, partner and competitor information for the product team
- Customer experience - all initiatives that generate recurring revenue and drive growth are directly tied to our customer's experience with our company and product
Drive Sales operations and outcomes:
- Develop plans and strategies for developing business and achieving the company’s sales goals of tripling revenue in 3 years
- Define and oversee compensation and incentive programs that motivate the sales team to achieve their sales targets sustainably
- Define sales processes that drive desired sales outcomes and continuously identify and implement improvements
- Collaborate with Marketing and Managing Director to generate necessary awareness and lead gen
- Travel for meetings with customers and partners and to develop key relationships
- Liaise with regional field sales team to create opportunities
- Hire, manage and develop sales staff
Drive customer success operations and outcomes:
- Increase renewal rates and reduce churn
- Expand revenue in existing accounts through upsell and cross-sell
- Increase LTV through greater product adoption and customer satisfaction
- Support sales growth through greater word-of-mouth
- Manage key customer relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities
- Hire, manage and develop success staff
Define and optimize customer lifecycle:
- Map, define and optimize process; standardize interactions and interventions
- Professional services
- Customer support
Measure effectiveness of sales and success efforts:
- Define operational metrics
- Establish system for tracking metrics
- Create cadence for review with team
- Report subset of metrics to Managing Director
This Might Describe You:
- Proven track record of success in managing sales and success teams, exceeding goals, and growing and developing people
- Experience successfully managing remote teams to high achievement
- Proven success working with Marketing teams to inform and develop programs
- Experience with public speaking
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven self-starter
- Ability to act independently and to think in business and “bottom line” terms
As a remote team, we live on cloud-based software and mobile apps. We stay connected with Slack and Zoom. We use Hubspot to manage our sales and marketing and Help Scout as our customer communication and support system. Google Docs, Trello and Pivotal Tracker keep us organized. You'll have regular 1:1s with Managing Director Brian Ghidinelli to discuss your needs and goals.
We have deadlines like everyone else, but because we value work-life integration, we do not expect routine long hours. A well-rested and well-rounded top performer with ruthless focus will deliver substantially more in 45 hours than a team of burnouts sitting in front of a screen 60 hours a week.
Who You'll Work With
We're a small team which means you'll interact with everyone but on a day-to-day basis, these are your seven primary teammates. Plus, we have two open positions for this team that we'll hope you'll help us choose and fill:
Mike Collins combines 20 years of special events experience plus a diverse background in motorsport including competing in the Global Mazda MX-5 Cup. He works to close our business development and sales leads from Maryland.
Brian Ghidinelli created MotorsportReg in San Francisco after experiencing the pain of managing HPDE events in California with paper forms, paper checks and manual spreadsheets. Our emphasis on "hustle" and constant improvement comes from him.
Wyndi Marston worked previously at the Sports Car Club of America and led the shift to online event registration for the championship Runoffs event in 2007. She is the newest member of our success team having started in early 2019 and hails from Texas.
Ann Maycock began with a background in club racing events and business consulting before joining MSR as the first hire. She literally receives hugs in the paddock for helping new organizations get signed on and running great, efficient events. Ann started with us from Illinois and took advantage of our work-from-anywhere flexibility to move to North Carolina.
Katie Moosman worked at Miller Motorsports Park and Circuit of the Americas as a user of MSR before joining the team. With more than 14 years in the industry, she's transitioning to becoming a developer and has built browser plugins that streamline common support tasks for our team. She's based in Utah (again).
Shae Petersen worked for MotoAmerica prior to joining our customer success team. She attended her first day at the track when she was three days old and nearly every weekend since - learning the ins and outs of motorsport. Shae has lived all over the world and currently chooses San Diego as her home.
Chris Redrich is our product manager. He grew up watching family members race trucks and modified stock cars at the local oval track in Southern California where he still resides. He receives escalated technical issues and feature requests as part of our product development process.
Ready to take the Green Flag?
We hope you’re the one! Let us know why you want to work with us by clicking the apply link.