We are the company behind WordPress.com, Jetpack, WooCommerce, and Tumblr! We are looking for a ML Ops Engineer with experience in Spark/Scala to join our team of data scientists and engineers to build, deploy, and iterate on large-scale data pipelines and applications.
In this role, you will help scale and productionize our machine learning pipeline. A Senior ML Ops Engineer will unlock more product teams to use our Machine Learning pipeline to create personalized machine learning marketing campaigns. You will work on scaling our ML pipeline for more sites and features, contribute to our data infrastructure, and handle deployment, reporting, and alerting.
How do we work
- We’re kind to each other and our users – we strive to build a positive, supportive, and inclusive culture of cohesive teams focused on delivering value to our customers.
- We work as a global and distributed workforce resulting in a unique way of working built around our creed.
- We offer flexible work arrangements allowing our team members to work when they feel best.
- We welcome collaboration, and you can be involved in any discussion across our many communication channels.
Enough about us, let's talk more about you. The Sr ML Ops Engineer position might be a good fit if you:
- Have hands-on experience with Scala, Spark, and Python to implement large-scale data flows.
- Have production experience with open source technologies like Hadoop, Hive, Kafka, Airflow, HBase, etc.
- Have experience in managing and tuning Hadoop and related services in production.
- Care about architecture, unit testing, and building reliable infrastructure and pipelines.
- Are motivated to propose technical solutions, own software architecture, evaluate technologies and infrastructure, and develop technical roadmaps for future applications.
- Bring programming skills in multiple programming languages and paradigms. In addition to Scala and Python, you are likely to encounter Java, PHP, and SQL in this role and the idea of using them on a regular basis should not be a blocker for you.
- Are familiar with professional software engineering methods and standards such as coding conventions, code reviews, continuous integration, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Are open and able to travel 3-4 weeks per year to meet your teammates in person. We hold an annual all-company meeting every year, and meet up with our teams for a week once or twice per year. Important note: at the moment all company travel has been suspended due to COVID-19. Automattic is monitoring government and health agency reports closely and responding however possible to prioritize safety and well-being for our team and communities.
Like all positions at Automattic, you’ll work remotely, and can be based wherever you live.