Who Is Follow Up Boss?
Why Would You Want To Work Here?
- We’re a young, ambitious company who only answers to our customers
- Opportunity to have a big impact on our growth and your career
- No red tape or pointless meetings
- Competitive base salary - top 10% in US; for this position the range is $150K - $162K
- Strong benefit package including a 401k with 6% match, health/dental/vision insurance for you and our family, funding for continuing education, paid parental leave, kindle + unlimited books, home office setup, company meetups, and 20 PTO + 10 sick days
- Solve challenging technical problems and put your skills to the test every day. We've processed over a billion emails; per month we send nearly 3 million text messages and handle 700k+ minutes of call time for tens of thousands of active customers.
- See a direct impact of your work and value you created for customers.
- Provide direct input on technical and non-technical decisions. Your opinion matters.
This Role Is For You If…
- You would describe yourself as patient, empathetic and having a good sense of humor.
- You’re independent, self-motivated and can stay efficient and productive without someone looking over your shoulder all day long
- Superb written and verbal skills (with a professional yet fun demeanor)
- Are based in the United States (or similar time zone)
- Are happy to have direct communication with customers (we are customer driven).
- Self motivated and proactive mindset.
- Remote work experience is required.
- Based in the USA, quiet home office with fast internet.
- At least 5 years of experience in web development.
- Expertise in back end technologies, we use PHP, Aurora MySQL, Postgres, Redis, to name a few.
- Strong understanding of RDBMS and SQL.
- Proficient understanding of Linux.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality.
- Security conscious.
- Pragmatic decision making.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop and improve our application.
- Help fix issues with the application.
- Mentor other team members.
30 Day Targets:
- Become familiar with our product and codebase.
- Pair with fellow engineers to gain knowledge about the system and how we work.
- Improve the new hire onboarding process, by being a part of it.
- Help address priority bugs
60 Day Targets:
- Improve the Team Inbox feature in our product.
- Improve how our product supports customers with larger teams.
- Implement improvements to the security of our app and customer's data.
90 Day Targets:
- Improve internal reporting tools
- Assist in architecture improvements of critical product features
- Assist in performance improvements to our API.
Our Core Engineering Values
- Code Quality
- Focus and Prioritization
- Customer Driven
- Leadership Qualities
If this sounds like a great fit we would love to hear from you.