What are EMR Applications at ClearCost Health?
Headquartered in Larkspur, CA and operating 100% remotely, ClearCost Health is a medical software and health outcomes research company. We develop programs and services to leverage online patient data collection to improve the health and well-being of patients and populations. The Senior Full Stack Developer will develop services to integrate our products into existing healthcare software ecosystems, including electronic medical record (EMR) systems, billing and insurance platforms, and HIPPA-compliant messaging services. The resulting applications will allow physicians and health systems to evaluate and address patient mental and behavioral health issues in ways that complement and fit seamlessly into their workflow.
We seek a developer to join our team who is passionate about their craft and can work both independently and with multifunctional teams. Our team includes full-stack engineers, QA engineers, product managers, designers, and subject matter experts in public health and medicine. You will solve technical challenges and work collaboratively to develop impactful applications end-to-end. Weekly demos, inclusive discussions of the product roadmap, and discussions of current medical research are how we build our team and product.
Server: WINS: Windows, IIS, .Net Core, MS SQL on AWS
Clients: Ionic+Angular/Cordova cross-platform SPA
- Design and architect services and API integrations to exchange data between external EMR’s and systems implemented at ClearCost Health
- Develop and maintain data access and security protection patterns to ensure data safety, SOC-2, HIPPA, and eventually HITRUST compliance
- Create and maintain SQL databases to gather and structure data
- Generate a breadth of implementation pathways, recommending solutions and planning steps for execution. This includes but is not limited to web applications, database structures, and API integrations
- Closely collaborate with product managers, QA, design, engineering, major stakeholders, and external development teams to arrive at technical requirements
- Maintain and develop internal devops data portals and administrative tools
- Relevant experience with APIs, including internal service and HTTP APIs. Preferred is direct experience doing integration related to electronic medical records, such as EPIC, Cerner, Practice Fusion, Athena, etc., using standards including, for example, HL7, FHIR, CCDA, etc.
- 4+ years of experience building applications in at least one popular programming language, such as Python, Java, PHP, Ruby, C#, C++, .Net etc.
- 2+ years of experience using a SQL database: MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS SQL, etc.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate as a part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Self-starter, inclined to be curious and imaginative, with the ability to ask questions and determine steps to arrive at solutions
- Strong understanding of data structures and problem solving approaches, and ability to articulate trade offs
- Strong skills in time management, organization, attention to detail, and verbal and written communication
- Record of efficient, practical, and dependable code
- US resident with employment authorization
- Direct experience developing HL7 interfaces
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work remotely
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Exposure to architectural patterns of large, high-scale web applications, such as well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, and efficient algorithms
- iOS or Android development experience