Parachute Health is seeking a senior engineer to develop and scale our SaaS based Medical Equipment ordering and communication platform for Healthcare Providers and suppliers of Medical Equipment.
Parachute Health has created the first digital connective tissue between hospitals and the services they rely on to keep patients healthy outside of their walls.
In the U.S. alone, over 30 million patients per year are prescribed products and services via paper and fax. The ordering process is long, complicated, and yields a 90%+ error rate. At Parachute Health, we’re pioneering a modern approach to healthcare communication. We’ve built a platform where clinicians, insurance companies and medical supply distributors coordinate care; empowering everyone to focus on getting their patients the treatment they need, when they need it.
We are live in some of the most prestigious health systems in the country, and we’ve only just started. The entire healthcare system needs to evolve, and we won’t stop until it gets there.
A senior engineer will be responsible for the development and stability of Parachute Health’s core product, external integrations, and APIs.
- Direct key technical decisions related to application and data model design.
- Work with product and design team to shape the application.
- Maintain stable and performant application stacks.
- Consistently delivery quality code that supports business goals.
- Educate and mentor other developers.
- Minimum of 5 years experience working in a production environment and 6 months with Ruby On Rails specifically.
- Excellent understanding of data structures, algorithms, TDD, software engineering design patterns and principles.
- Hands on experience with traditional relational databases such as mysql or postgres.
- Familiar with AWS services (EC2, ECS, S3, RDS, etc).
- Exposure to healthcare technologies.
- Experience with UX/UI design and/or product management.