Are You the Right Fit?
Visual Lease is currently seeking a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our Cloud Operations team in Woodbridge, NJ. The ideal candidate will have experience with: DevOps, AWS, and Software Engineering. In this role, you’ll innovate, drive, and own our build and deployment pipelines and tools, and our application configuration management as code. You will also influence and support our Engineering teams towards a DevOps culture and mindset involving shifting left, testing early and often using test automation, and by creating big information radiators to visualize our development and quality status.
What You Will Do
- Analyze and implement Continuous Integration / Continuous Development / Continuous Testing infrastructure, tools, and scripting engineering teams to focus on building features quickly using automated processes
- Build automated scripts to provision secure and immutable environments/containers through infrastructure as code and configuration as code
- Implement continuous monitoring and alerting around infrastructure, server and application availability and performance
- Develop database migration scripts and tools as needed for engineering data needs, and operational processes
- Assist with developing Web & API automated test frameworks to be fast, modular, and reliable
- Build custom reports and dashboards as needed to create big information radiators around build results, test results, system uptime and system health and performance
- Coach engineers around development and testing best practices – such as: Unit tests, Integration testing, feature flagging, and following trunk-based-development practices
- Foster a DevOps culture of shared responsibility, quality, and partnership
- Support provisioning, deployment, incident response and escalations for Production
- Seek technical opportunities to increase application performance and reliability
- Introduce and support roll-out or modern application architecture like Microservices, Serverless, N-Tier etc.
Skills & Competencies
- 5+ year of DevOps experience in a Cloud/SaaS environment configuring CICD pipelines
- 5+ years of software engineering experience using C#.net, Java or equivalent
- Hands-on Amazon Web Services (AWS) experience including design, operations, automation, monitoring, security, combined with at least one AWS Certification
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) & Configuration as Code (CaC) tools
- Most desired skills and Experiences:
- Code/Build: Git/GitHub, Azure/VSTS, Jenkins
- Scripting: Python, Powershell, Groovy, Bash, SQL, JSON, YAML
- Monitoring: AWS Config, AWS Cloud Watch, New Relic
- OS: Windows, Linux, Docker, Fargate
- Automation & Orchestration: Ansible, Terraform, AWS Cloud Formation
- Microservices architecture, Serverless, Containerization, RESTAPIs
- Databases: SQLServer, Postgress, Amazon Aurora, RDS
- Testing: Selenium, xUnit, RestSharp, SonarQube, Jmeter
- SDLC: Experience with Scrum, Feature Flagging and trunk-based-development
- Hands-on experience supporting and guiding technical teams is valuable
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with the heart of a teacher
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical discipline
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.