At Cube.js we are building a technology stack for modern analytics. If you are fascinated by the software that powers large technology companies but want the challenges and freedom that come with working in a small startup, then the job at Cube.js is for you.
We are a small and dedicated team in San Francisco, funded by top-tier SV investors, working on making advanced analytics infrastructure developed at large tech companies accessible to all developers around the world.
We are focused on bottom-up adoption, and most of our software is open-source. At Cube.js you will be part of a vibrant community. Cube.js users often engage with the company on GitHub and Slack.
Thousands of developers are using Cube.js to build analytics applications and we want to help them be successful. That's why we're looking for a Senior Developer Advocate to join our Developer Relations and Community team.
As a Senior Developer Advocate, your main goal is to promote Cube.js and support the overall Cube.js community at large. You should have a background in development, be excited about building technical communities, and have a knack for explaining technical concepts in a simple way. This is a multi-faceted role that involves all sorts of community-building channels: events, docs, slack, etc. If this sounds exciting to you, we'd love to hear from you!
This role provides a lot of freedom and lets you develop creative ideas for how the learning experience of Cube.js users can be further improved and how to increase Cube.js awareness among the developers.
Some of the things you'll be working on:
- Writing and Editing: Working on tutorials and guides, collaborating with community members, and helping external contributors to create tutorials and blog posts.
- Code and Examples: You'll create and maintain example applications built with Cube.js to highlight the different features of the tool.
- Documentation: You’ll be a part of the team responsible for maintaining Cube.js landing pages and documentation.
- Design the contributor program: Cube.js has more than 60 external contributors already and we plan to bring the whole contributor experience to the next level. You'll design and run a contributor program to make sure contributors continue to be engaged after initial contributions and we have a process to recognize and reward their work.
- Events: You’ll have an opportunity to organize and participate in different online and offline events to speak about Cube.js.
- Strong writing ability and skill in creating an engaging, highly technical copy
- A strong interest and background in community building
- A collaborative and feedback-driven mindset
- An interest in learning more about databases
- Previous startup experience or interest in working in a small fast-moving company
- Availability to travel
- Advanced knowledge of SQL and databases.
- Experience in data engineering or building analytics applications.
- Experience with React, Vue, Angular, k8s.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please email your application to email@example.com