Our global healthcare system relies on clinical trials to develop new, life-saving treatments for patients. But clinical trials continue to be slow, unpredictable, and expensive. Reify Health’s software empowers both the research sponsors who drive clinical trials forward and the doctors and research coordinators who care for patient volunteers so that they can devote more focus and time toward the work that results in successful clinical research. We envision a world where every potential therapy, if safe and effective, is available to the patients who can benefit.
We're a team of clinical research professionals, software designers, engineers, data experts, and customer success obsessives. We have developed successful clinical research sites from the ground up, overseen hundreds of clinical trials at the sponsor and research site levels, and built and scaled clinical trial software used by leading institutions across the global life science industry. We support the work of thousands of research sites across dozens of countries and some of world’s largest global biopharmaceutical companies.
By joining our Data team, you will support the growth of an empathetic, data-driven culture at Reify and play a key role in building and expanding powerful internal reporting and analytics tools that allow all Reify stakeholders to benefit from rich data-driven decision making.
We’re here because we’re compelled to make a difference for patients around the world, each with a personal story that draws us to Reify Health’s mission. Work with us to bring better medical treatments to the people who need them, more quickly and more affordably.
What You'll Be Working On:
- Develop and support new/existing ETL pipelines and integrations with internal/external data sources.
- Help grow and maintain our unified data warehouse and evolve a multidimensional data model to allow efficient analytical queries both inside and outside of StudyTeam.
- Support the development of a novel user behavior exploration system using rich historical data to help internal stakeholders derive valuable product insights.
- Help increase the scalability of analytical logic by developing and growing reusable analytics libraries and modules.
- Support a data-driven culture by expanding internal intelligence reporting and dashboard systems.
- Become an expert on our data models and analytical business context and advise technical teams on data model expansion and interpretation.
- Become intimately familiar with HIPAA, GDPR, and other applicable regulatory frameworks and how they influence our architecture and development decisions.
- Frequently communicate your efforts to the Analytics Lead and other technical/non-technical stakeholders in clear written, verbal, or presentation form.
- Live our data philosophy, which focuses on ethical decision making, being aware of how biased data (and assumptions) can affect results (and people), and being laser-focused on business needs.
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- At least 4 years of professional work experience in a startup role dealing with regulated health data.
- Demonstrable execution experience in both analytics (e.g. statistics, data science) and software development domains.
- Ability to rapidly develop and optimize OLAP systems and related data models to meet business analytical needs.
- Deep, performance-conscious comfort with various database, warehouse, and streaming platforms such as PostgreSQL, Redshift, and Kafka.
- Expertise in Python, Clojure, and/or R
- Familiarity with AWS ecosystem (Athena, Glue, Redshift, S3, Lambda) and some comfort with Terraform.
- Understanding of the nuances of testing and addressing scalability/accuracy of analytical processes in distributed systems.
- Advanced degree in computer science, biostatistics, or other related field.
- Relevant published or publicized professional or academic work such as open-source contributions, blog posts, or publications.
Compensation and Perks
- Competitive Salary and Stock Options: Salary and stock options commensurate to your experience and expertise.
- Comprehensive Health and Wellness Coverage: 100% premium coverage for you (and >50% for your dependents) for: a top-tier health plan covering you in all 50 states (with option of HSA), dental, vision, disability (short-term and long-term), and basic term life insurance (for your entire tenure at Reify). We enable 24/7 access to doctor by phone or online via telemedicine coverage.
- Retirement Plan:401(k) plan with employer matching program.
- Company-provided Workstation: You will receive a brand new MacBook Pro laptop to use for work.
- Location Freedom: You can work from anywhere (please see our “Additional Notes” below), though we gather in person for company summits and team events, filled with fun activities, great food, and many opportunities to get to know your colleagues better.
- Vacation and Holiday Flexibility: Generous PTO policy that accrues with your tenure at Reify including holiday flexibility and parental leave.
We value diversity and believe the unique contributions each of us brings drives our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our company is collaborative, welcoming, and respectful; there is no “bro culture” to be found.
For US-based candidates: We are only able to hire full-time employees with permanent residency or citizenship amenable to Eastern Standard Time working hours. We are not able to sponsor visas (such as H1-B) at this time.
For internationally-based candidates: We are able to hire international contractors on a case-by-case basis who are amenable to significant overlap of their working hours with Eastern Standard Time.