We're looking to expand our Services team within the Hypixel Studios development team, which collaborates remotely from around the world. Our members range from industry newcomers to veterans with 15+ years of experience. Team members come from a diverse set of backgrounds, but share a common passion for building polished player-focused, community-powered games. The key qualities we are looking for in applicants are that they are demonstrably passionate about their hobbies, have the drive and commitment to deliver results with minimal supervision, have international-level professional competency in their skill sets, and can demonstrate involvement with other interesting projects throughout their lives. As a senior developer of our Services and Platform team you will be responsible for the design, implementation and support of services systems and features. You will be continuously communicating with game developers and security engineers to ensure our players are having the best experience while enjoying our games. Desired Traits
- Minimum 4 years experience with server/backend software development, Java programming and must have the ability to understand and analyze scalability, memory and performance requirements.
- Experience in relevant technologies such as Kubernetes, GRPC, MongoDB, Docker, Cassandra, etc.
- Experience building and deploying Kubernetes clusters on bare metal hardware.
- Experience with designing, building and supporting a distributed highly-scalable live online service(s).
- Experience with application and network protocols as well as relevant libraries such as Netty.
- Strong engineering skills and a demonstrated ability to build a system/API from inception all the way to production.
- An understanding of software security and how to minimize vulnerabilities in code and through system design.
- Proficient in Linux administration and working within Centos
- High energy and leadership skills
- Proficient in both written and verbal communication with technical and non-technical developers
- Passionate about games and gaming
We can offer
- A chance to work on a new game project with an extremely motivated team
- Opportunities to learn and grow personally and professionally
- A stable and secure work environment
- The ability to work remotely