Time zones: EST (UTC -5)
, CST (UTC -6)
, MST (UTC -7)
, PST (UTC -8)
Work fully remote within the United States
Who we are:
Vessel is an early-stage startup bringing wellness tracking into the home.
Wellness tracking often lacks accessibility. Even more frustrating is when products geared at helping us improve wellness lack clear action steps. Through our at-home urinalysis test card, users have the ability to track wellness metrics such as - Vitamin C, B7, Magnesium, Hydration, pH, ketones and Cortisol.
Users then receive customized food and lifestyle recommendations based on their specific results. Our users can actually order food and customized multivitamins to navigate deficiencies and optimize their wellness.
We're still in the scrappy startup phase, and are looking for people who are comfortable with the fast pace. We're a mostly remote team. We value shipping epic products, having each other’s back, doing things the right way, and always optimizing in our personal and professional lives.
Our product went live in late 2020 and we already have thousands of happy paying customers who are using Vessel to gain awareness on their personal metrics, make lifestyle adjustments, and see their wellness improve.
We’re an experienced team with a diversity of skills and backgrounds that range from early stage and unicorn startups to large public corporations. The whole of our efforts are greater than the sum of the parts and we are consistently looking for people who share our values to bring their experiences and perspectives to the team.
Vessel is hiring for a Senior Backend Engineer to join our Software Development Team to help build new features for our core product. This role is primarily responsible for the development of backend APIs, ML/Analytics platforms, and overall infrastructure. The ideal candidate will possess a passion for making an impact through pushing the limits in ML, Micro-services, Lambda Architecture, Sensor technologies, and will work alongside other engineers and data scientists to design the next generation application and an ship epic product.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Manage and own aspects of the Backend MicroServices, API’s, Admin Tools
- Manage the Ecommerce platform - Shopify
- Update and lead the DevOps architecture - Infrastructure, Provisioning, Monitoring & Security
- Update and lead the Big Data architecture - Data Pipes, Data Lake, ML/Analytics, Reporting & Dashboards
- Collaborate with stakeholders and implement necessary enhancements to the system
Skills to Excel:
- Data analysis on issues
- Proficiency in Python or other equivalent statistics and machine learning tools.
- Object-oriented design, data structures and algorithm design.
- Proactive and effective interpersonal communication
- Experience with agile software development techniques, test-driven development and continuous integration
What technical knowledge do you need to perform in your role?
- AWS Services(i.e. EC2, Serverless, Gateway, VPC)
- Python & Flask
- JS, Typescript, Postgres
- Big Data Technology Stacks (i.e. Airflow, Spark, Java)
Qualifications (Must haves):
- Have strong demonstrable knowledge in Backend languages (ex. Java, Go, Python, Ruby)
- Building cloud applications (ex. AWS)
- Build testable, highly-available applications and services with monitoring and alerting
- Have a good understanding of concepts like concurrency, parallelism, event-driven architecture
- Collaborate with cross-functional team to define and design the app
- Experience with RESTful APIs for internal and external products
- Responsible to help maintain code quality, organization, and automation
- Use encryption tools to safeguard content
- Experience collaborating with team members across departments to generate analytical dashboards and reporting
Qualifications (Nice to haves):
- HIPAA experience
- Spark experience
- TensorFlow experience
- CV experience
- Experience handling large infrastructure
- Hyper-growth startup experience
We do consider candidates requiring H1B transfer and TN Visa
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
As an equal opportunity employer, Vessel complies with all applicable laws, rules and regulations preventing discrimination against job applicants based on: race, ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender, gender identity, age, veteran status, martial status, physical challenges, or any other relevant factor.
- Salary: $130,000-$160,000
- Healthcare Plan Contribution
- Work fully remote within the United States