Senior Android Developer
Black Pixel was recently acquired by Hypergiant. At Hypergiant, our work is driven by individuals pushing the boundary and always professionally challenging our clients to think differently. We’re seeking individuals who are both analytical and creative and can help us fuel our motto: Tomorrowing Today. We’re based in Texas, and have a strong track record of working with some of the biggest brands around the world in industries spanning retail, oil & gas, aviation, healthcare, and more. We provide large enterprises with cutting-edge advice, bespoke technology solutions, and deployment expertise needed to harness the value out of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. Our goal is to work with forward-thinking organizations and to help them understand how Artificial Intelligence will affect their business and their industry.
We’re looking for a passionate and resourceful Senior Android Developer to help build amazing apps using the latest Android tools, APIs, and technologies.
- Develop new Android apps from scratch and update existing ones.
- Build Android libraries that can be shared across apps.
- Write high-quality code, ensuring excellence with unit tests when appropriate.
- Conduct code reviews to ensure compliance with Hypergiant’s quality standards.
- Work in an Agile-like, iterative development process.
- Collaborate with designers, testers, project and product managers, and project sponsors.
- Communicate tasking estimation and progress regularly to a project manager through appropriate tools.
- Take responsibility for the development and delivery of a portion or the entirety of an Android development project. This includes architecting, coding, and unit testing specific requirements as determined by the project team.
- Able to work during North American business hours.
- At least 5 years of professional Android software development experience.
- At least 7 years of total professional software development experience. B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or a related field may be considered toward professional experience.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver Android apps to Google Play.
- Full proficiency in Java 8 and Kotlin, plus professional experience developing Android apps using Android Studio.
- Solid understanding of memory management in a garbage-collected environment.
- Experience with most features of the Android support libraries and popular third-party libraries, including RxJava, Dagger, Butterknife, Volley, Picasso, and OkHttp.
- Experience with adaptable layouts, including extensive building of view layouts in resource XML and code.
- Experience with the Gradle build system.
- Knowledgeable about common backend system integrations and web services.
- Experience with Git, including knowledge of branching and merging workflows.
- Design-minded attention to user interface implementation.
- Ability to be proactive, self-directed, and assume responsibilities without close supervision.
- Firm grasp of multitasking techniques and potential areas of risk.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, collaborative, and evolving work environment.
Hypergiant is an Equal Opportunity Employer.