Why you should be excited about this role:
- Build a new product from scratch that has strategic importance to the business, it’ll be a revenue multiplier.
- You’ll be one of the first engineers in the squad and help build out the PB squad as the year goes on.
- Work with a modern QA stack – Java, Golang, Postman, Cypress, Selenium.
- Work with the other QA Engineers in the QA Chapter on the wider QA strategy, architecture and tooling across all products to ensure consistency.
- Progress into a Senior QA Engineer role and take on more responsibility within the QA Chapter.
Who are Benefex?
Benefex are leading the way for Employee Wellbeing. They believe no one comes to work to do a bad job or be actively disengaged, and that technology is instrumental in providing an excellent employee experience. They’ve built an all-in-one platform called OneHub that brings together employee benefits software, reward and recognition tech, and workplace communications, so your employees have everything they need for work in one place.
Benefex believe that everyone deserves an exceptional experience at work, every day. Their workplace technology makes this happen.
- QA: Java, Automation and manual testing, mainly API and UI automation, Postman, Selenium, Cypress.
What will you be tasked with?
- Day to day you will be working in their newest squad driving the QA agenda by working closely with the PM and Engineers.
- Defining clear test cases and acceptance criteria in the Sprints.
- You’ll bring an automation-first mindset to the team.
- Building automation test frameworks for the product as well as exploratory manual testing.
What experience/skills Benefex would like to see:
- Proven experience in the use of automated test tools – Selenium, Cypress, Postman.
- Experience of testing in a cloud infrastructure – AWS or GCP
- DevOps advocate and experience working closely with Platform/DevOps teams when it comes to building out the pipelines
With extra points for:
- Load Testing with JMeter / Gatling
- Google Cloud Platform / Rackspace
- Kubernetes / Docker
- SQL / MongoDB
- Salary: £40-50,000
- Fully remote working
- Benefits including 25 days holiday (plus your birthday off!)
- £800 annual learning budget for training. Benefex will pay for exams, travel and accommodation for events separately.
- If you ever want to work in the office it’s in the centre of Southampton, a five minute walk from the train station and a car park just opposite
- Casual dress code
- 75% GIP, Healthcare cash plan, EAP Access, Virtual GP access, life assurance x 4, Pension and access to our flexible benefits platform
- Phone Interview with the VPE. 30-45 min.
- Technical Assignment. 2 hours (done in own time/remotely)
- Technical Interview. Chat with Senior Engineer. 1 hour.
- Final Interview: HR & CTO. 45 min.