Cube is hiring a Sales Development Leader to join a Sales Team of seven folks located across the US. We’re a remote-first company who is motivated by supporting people in typically unsung roles like Finance. Our goal as a company is to create an extremely simple and straightforward product in an industry (Financial Planning and Analysis, FP&A) that deals with complex data and modeling. As a team, we’re looking for a Sales Development Leader to build out the Sales Development function, build a great team around them, and be a crucial part of our customer journey.
As our SDR Leader, you’ll report to our Revenue Operations Director, Laura Miller. As our first hire in Sales Development, we’ll expect you to be eager to balance your team between strategic direction and day-to-day execution on sales development. You’ll help us hire terrific Sales Development Representatives, and, overall, you’ll play a big role to set us up for future success.
We plan to talk to candidates with a variety of experience levels, so the official title of this role will change based on that. Our budget for this role is between $100k - $130k base annual salary depending on experience.
In your first three months
- Get to know the team - we’re spread out across the US and Canada, so you’ll meet us via Slack and Zoom
- You’ll get familiar with our product, our customers, and the problems we’re trying to solve as a company
- Get comfortable with our Sales process and Customer Journey
- You’ll make smaller improvements to process and documentation to help you build momentum with the team, while getting a deep understanding of our problem space and infrastructure to see how everything works together
- You’ll start to develop a hiring plan and work with our People Ops Team to begin building out your team
- You’ll be asked about your experience! Your perspective and opinions are very important to us
A typical day will look like this
- Hire, coach and manage a team of Sales Development Reps
- Develop the sales, product and industry skills of each team member
- Identify and make recommendations for improvement in areas of process, efficiency and productivity
- Lead and report on daily activities and metrics
- Assist SDRs in developing prospecting and outreach strategies
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing and other internal teams to generate pipeline
- Serve as a role model in the sales org to uphold and implement the policies, procedures and values of the Cube team
- You are confident with your experience in a Sales Development role at B2B SaaS startups, with a record of great execution as an independent contributor
- You are eager to continue or start coaching a growing team of Sales Development Representatives, and genuinely enjoy coaching and mentoring others
- Insistent on quality and attentive to details, but able to work with your team to deliver with speed and flexibility
- People who know you well would call you creative, resourceful, and collaborative--all things essential to a remote-friendly startup!
We listed a lot of items above. It doesn’t mean you shouldn’t apply if you don’t have experience with all of them. Your unique experience and perspective will be valued on our team, so please apply if you’re interested!
This is a full-time remote position for candidates who are located in the US.
More about Cube
Cube is a next-generation financial planning & analytics platform that enables finance teams and businesses to make smarter, faster decisions. Our software reduces the 75% of efforts finance teams spend manually transforming & re-keying data in spreadsheets by connecting disparate financial & operational data sources into a central version of truth. Cube reduces errors associated with manual planning and empowers cross-functional leaders to seamlessly collaborate and manage data workflow. By providing add-ons to one’s spreadsheet of choice (Excel, Google Sheets), our intuitive interface eliminates the need for a lengthy / costly implementation or extensive training.