MoveOn.org Civic Action and MoveOn.org Political Action
Request for Proposals
Project Title: Support Engineer, Fundraising Team
Proposals accepted on a rolling basis until: Monday, April 15, 2019. Submit proposals ASAP.
Project Description: MoveOn pioneered the use of email and the internet to raise millions of small-dollar donations and over $250 million for progressive organizing efforts and candidates over the past 20 years. MoveOn’s fundraising team has a deeply embedded culture of testing and optimization, powered by technical tools and data analysis processes. Online fundraising is the main source of revenue for our organization, and we have an imperative to continue innovating and evolving constant improvements to our donation technology to prepare for the 2020 election and beyond.
Request for Proposal: MoveOn is seeking a support engineer to do a combination of front-end customization of existing fundraising HTML pages, writing and maintaining data syncing scripts, and system and data research to help the fundraising team run experiments, understand the efficacy of these experiments, integrate new fundraising tools and systems, and compile fundraising reports.
Scope of Work
- Familiarize yourself with the ActionKit political CRM and how MoveOn uses it to fundraise, via onboarding processes run by the fundraising team.
- Familiarize yourself with the fundraising system data models and with MoveOn’s redshift data warehousing structure and schema, to understand the work these scripts do.
- Learn MoveOn’s automated testing infrastructure for donation pages and add additional test cases as requested and alongside newly developed features.
- Research integration options for additional payment methods and fundraising systems.
- Meet twice a week with the fundraising team to identify new project opportunities and report on the status of ongoing work.
Total Capacity: Candidate would have at least 10hrs/week availability from contract start date through the end of 2019, with a possibility of extension. A Master Services Agreement can be put in place with an hourly rate, hours varying from 10 to 40 hours a week as candidate is available and as needs for new project work arise. Candidate should be able to be online for at least five hours during U.S. ET, with hours negotiated with the fundraising team, at least three days a week. Invoicing and payment will be twice a month.
Trial Period: This consulting position would start with an initial two-week contract focusing on onboarding and writing queries, which then could be extended through 2019. At the end of 2019, another checkpoint will occur, with option to extend the role through 2020.
Budget: MoveOn will consider all proposals.
Background: Name, title, and contact information of primary contact. A brief description of prior software engineering, support engineering, or data analysis projects or roles.
Values: Demonstrated commitment to and explanation about your views on advancing equity, inclusivity, and accessibility in the outward-facing work you produce and in the tech space more broadly.
Approach: Describe your strategies for learning legacy systems and getting over a significant data model learning curve. Describe your strategies for working with nontechnical stakeholders and working in an all-remote, Slack-centric working environment.
Schedule and Timeline: Please outline a high-level timeline for your availability, broken down into hours/week through the end of 2019.
Cost: Include an estimate for hourly rate and total available hours in your proposal.
Submission: Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org and put "Support Engineer, Fundraising Team" in the subject line.
● MoveOn reserves the right to make an award without further discussion of the proposal submitted. Therefore, the proposal should be submitted initially on the most favorable terms that the vendor could propose. There will be no best-and-final-offer procedure. MoveOn does reserve the right to contact a vendor for clarification of its proposal.
● The vendor should be prepared to accept this request for proposal for incorporation into a contract resulting from this request for proposal. Contract negotiations may incorporate some of or the vendor’s entire proposal. It is understood that the proposal will become a part of the official procurement file on this matter without obligation to MoveOn.
No Obligation to Contract
This request for proposal does not obligate MoveOn to contract for services specified herein.
Rejection of Proposals
MoveOn reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to reject any and all proposals received without penalty and not to issue a contract as a result of this request for proposal.
The vendor will adopt a policy stating that the vendor, in employment, recruitment, selection, compensation, benefits, promotion, demotion, layoff, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment, will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, sex, national origin, ethnic identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, economic status, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected basis.