The SAT is a four-hour exam required by the majority of American universities to be considered for admission. The better a student's score, the better a student's chance of acceptance to selective universities. Higher Ground Learning teaches SAT prep classes at international secondary schools to help students without access to good preparation options get ready for this test. It’s also quite common for these international students to come to us for one-on-one tutoring, which happens live online. That's where you come in.
Here’s how it works:
- You'll spend some time training and learning our methodology with our Directors. You can either join one of our in-person trainings in Salt Lake City, USA or train with us online.
- After your training, you’ll set your own hours that you’re available to tutor, and we’ll fill those hours for you.
- We’ll provide you with all the materials and support that you (and your students) need to be successful.
- The busiest seasons are February-June & September-November, but it’s possible to work all year.
- Pay starts at $30/hour, depending on experience.
- You scored above the 90th percentile on the SAT or ACT. Or maybe you didn’t, but you’re sure you can now (warning: we’ll make you prove it).
- You have a dynamic personality, including such qualities as humor, cultural awareness, integrity, humor, patience, motivation, humor, awesomeness, attention to detail (how many times did we say humor?), and problem-solving skills.
- You can teach. Specifically, you can teach standardized tests with an approach that is anything but standard.
- You’re available to tutor at least 8 hours per week. It’s possible to tutor much more, and students come to us from a wide range of time zones.
- Did you go to a prestigious university? Cool. A lot of parents care about that sort of thing.
- You are legally authorized to work in the U.S.A. Sorry, but we can’t be too flexible with this one.
“Hey, wait.” you say. “When does this job start?” Astute question. You really should apply for this job.
March. We want you to start in March.
To Sum up:
This is a remote working opportunity that is available to applicants who are legally allowed to work in the United States.
Please submit a resume and a short, memorable note about you and why you want to work with us (addressed to Eric at Higher Ground Learning), using the 'Apply Now' button below. Ideally, this note will be the kind that would feel like a breath of fresh air after reading boring cover letters. Please do not use a cover letter template or say that you’re passionate about something that you’re not truly passionate about (like "excellence"). Hey, we want you to work here.