Snappy Kraken is the growth leader in the financial services industry. Our Automated Growth Program helps transform financial advisers through purpose-driven content, easy automation, and support. Every new person we add to our team helps raise the bar of what we can accomplish together. How can you contribute?
The Purpose of This Role
This technical team member is passionate about all things DevOps. This person must be able to affect change, be proactive, and passionate about making our development lifecycle as efficient as possible by implementing and evolving DevOps practices at Snappy Kraken. This candidate will need to have a fervor for automation and scalable systems aimed at reliability for our platform, our customers, and our staff.
Primary Role & Responsibilities
The primary function of this role is to take ownership of our infrastructure (setup, configuration, and maintenance) with a constant pulse on how systems are operating and scaling to meet increasing demand. This includes:
- Create automated processes for implementation, security, monitoring, alerting, and operations
- Develop and maintain a platform of integrated systems and tools to support Agile and DevOps practices across a diverse set of workflows used by multiple development teams
- Create and perform Disaster Recovery Plans
- Automate the management of environments (Dev, Staging, and Production) including systems and applications monitoring, resource metering, logging, auditing, and CI/CD
- Develop workflow integrations and automation that eliminates repetitive tasks and improves system resiliency
- Continually document all actions and work to define repeatable actions that can be automated
- Deploy and configure cloud services
- Deploy and configure databases and other programs on servers
- Plan deployment strategy for data and web applications
- Estimate costs for application infrastructure
- Collaborate with team members to solve infrastructure, security, and development problems
- Maintain operating efficiency and stability, ensure the security and integrity of all systems and data, and respond to outages and other issues
- Perform application administration activities such as creating, modifying, and deleting users, optimizing remote access, and security access for messaging systems, databases, and web applications
- Coordinate with department leadership to plan, design, and schedule the release of all software and operating system updates
- Improve site reliability in the face of growing user base
- Develop and enhance processes and technical documentation, create backup procedures, test plans, and reports
- Prioritize and respond to requests for service and may provide escalation support
- Conduct work assignments as directed, with some latitude for independent judgement
- Automate tasks to drive consistency, reduce complexity, and eliminate human involvement where valuable
- Create and build scalable deployment processes
- Ensure that systems are documented and can be easily maintained by all team members
- 4+ years of DevOps, System Administrator, or Development experience
- Experience with deploying DevOps best practices across an organization
- Experience with building CI / CD pipelines
- Experience deploying and configuring cloud services
- Experience maintaining network infrastructure: load balancing, DNS
- Experience planning deployment scenarios and automated deployment
- Experience estimating infrastructure costs
- Deep experience working with AWS
- Experience with relational (SQL, MySQL) databases
- Experience in an Agile development
- Strong documentation skills
- Familiar with Github
- Experience with all domains of cloud computing, including storage, networking, reliability, compute, and security
- Experience working with multiple levels across an organization, from developers to executives
- AWS certifications a plus
- Excellent problem-solving, design, development, and debugging skills
- Ability to learn new things and new technology, and the drive to tackle problems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with an ability to break down complex technical systems to help business partners understand the value
- Strong technical collaboration and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with other teams across the company, defining technology roadmaps, sharing experiences, and lessons learned for continual improvement
Essential Qualities for Remote Team Members
Having a distributed team allows us to do great work with amazing people, who not only deliver tons of value, but who also find the process itself deeply satisfying. Remote team members have the freedom to choose their place to work. The key to success is making good things happen consistently as a leader in your area of expertise. There must be mutual trust among team members to get work done right and on time. The ideal candidate will have successful experience producing in a virtual environment and these natural characteristics:
- Productive working independently and on a team
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and stay organized
- Attentive to the internal organizational structure
- Computer literate and tech-savvy
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing
- Emotional intelligence
- Achieve and own results of your work
Working remotely for Snappy Kraken requires that each team member independently obtains and maintains their own proper working environment, fully equipped with all needed furniture and supplies, including but not limited to stable high-speed internet. The chosen work environment must be clean and free of distractions or noises that may inhibit the ability to provide the functions described in this job description.
New hires must complete a 90-day probationary period. During this time, a new hire will receive training to help them get acquainted with the role, our culture, and learn how to properly execute job functions. An employment relationship may continue if it’s a good fit for everyone, based on the new hire’s alignment with Snappy Kraken values, performance evaluation of specific milestones, accessibility, and communication.
As a remote company, it is critical to remember that our contributions and teams are interconnected and accessibility is the expectation. Availability during standard East Coast business hours, or as scheduled, for client inquiries, team calls, and video chats is expected.
We believe every team member of Snappy Kraken can reach their maximum potential. We are intent on alignment around Outcomes and Key Results (OKRs), addressing obstacles and opportunities openly and honestly, and regular reporting and tracking of development. Continuously refining values, skills, and knowledge is fundamental to future growth opportunities.
About Snappy Kraken
Snappy Kraken is a transformative Automated Growth Program for financial advisors, built on the exclusive Cold to Gold framework. Advisors take what they’re already naturally good at online with the content, automation, and support they need to GROW!
● Health/Dental/Vision/Life/AD&D/STD/LTD available after 90 days with employer premium contribution
● 401k with company match available after 6 months
● PTO and paid holidays
● More perks & benefits
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.