Hey, we’re Lemonpie. We’re growing faster than Ron Burgundy can play the jazz flute and we have no plans of slowing down.
We also know our best asset is, and always will be, our people.
That’s where you come in. We need someone who is dedicated to our ultimate goal of hiring for culture first, without compromising on top talent.
If you’re a good fit for this role you know exactly who we’re talking about.
Those incredible humans who not only have expertise in spades but also leave every space a little better than they found it. They’re passionate about what they do, innovative, over-communicative, empathetic, kind, funny, never skimp on quality, and are probably just a little weird.
Those are our people and we want you to be their champion.
What Does That Mean?
That you’ll not only recruit with our unique culture and top talent acquisition in mind, but that when you find them, you’ll serve as their internal champion.
At Lemonpie, we feel strongly about investing in our people from the very beginning, and that starts before they ever become a piece of our pie. It starts with you.
You’ll partner with these candidates to truly get to know them, create comprehensive material to brief the applicable hiring team on not only what they know but who they are, and facilitate the entire process.
Think of yourself as the Mickey to their Rocky. You’ll be in their corner from day 1 because you know what they’re capable of and want to see them succeed.
You’ll also be our very first HR hire and will work closely with our COO as she further establishes our hiring and employer branding initiatives.
If you’re someone who thrives when empowering others, relishes in creative communication, gets psyched about building authentic relationships, and wants to help assemble a team that can’t lose, consider this your formal invitation to keep scrolling.
This Role in Action
- Collaborate with hiring managers to gain a greater perspective into hiring requirements and objectives and develop compelling and personable job descriptions tailored to these discussions.
- Utilize various job posting platforms and channels, including social media and networking groups, to proactively engage with and attract a diverse pool of candidates.
- Build and maintain a robust pipeline of active and passive candidates in the podcast space while establishing networking relationships with prospective candidates.
- Ensure the best candidate experience throughout the hiring process by remaining accessible, responsible, and transparent. We want all candidates to walk away with a great impression of Lemonpie as a brand, regardless of the outcome.
- Conduct pre-interview screenings while positively representing Lemonpie and keeping our culture and values top of mind.
- Educate candidates on the career growth potential, benefits, compensation philosophy and many advantages of working for Lemonpie (selling both the company and the opportunity).
- Manage the end-to-end recruiting process, including (in addition to the above):
- Keeping up-to-date information on where candidates are in the interview process
- Scheduling interviews and ensuring follow-ups are conducted
- Coordinating the Test Project process and managing compensation for them
- Maintain our proactive culture, where we push each other to be better and are excited by the ongoing challenges we face.
What Success Looks Like
In addition to everything mapped out above, success in this role will look like establishing a baseline and improving on the following:
- The amount of time from when the job is posted to when initial candidates are presented to hiring managers
- The time between when a candidate submits their application and their initial interaction with us
- The percentage of candidates making it to a 2nd interview
- The percentage of offer letter acceptances
- First-year attrition rates and employee tenure for all hires
- Overall time to fill roles with the best talent
- 2+ years proven experience sourcing long-term fits for high-growth companies
- A people-driven and data-driven approach to talent acquisition
- An uncanny ability to identify top talent from a mile away
- The ability and desire to build long-lasting relationships
- Exceptional interview skills both from a tactical and personable standpoint
- Internal Motivation. We’re a fully remote company that does not micromanage
- Live in the United States.
- 1+ years experience working with startups or small teams
- You’re passionate about People Operations
- You know the inner workings of GSuite in a way others may find disturbing
- Smiling is your favorite (attention to detail test - include the word "smile" in your application)
- Making someone else’s day makes yours
- You like podcasts :)
Perks & Benefits
We work really hard to make working at Lemonpie an amazing experience. We have a team full of truly exceptional people - the kind you’ll be excited to work with. Here’s how we operate:
- Live And Work Where You Want - We’re a distributed team, so you can live and work wherever you want (from your house, favorite coffee shop, co-working space, etc.). For our ideal candidate, proximity won’t influence their productivity because they are internally motivated. Our only requirement is that you have a reliable internet connection and can focus on work during work time!
- Unlimited PTO and Sick Time - We want you to take vacation. In fact, we have a minimum vacation policy of three weeks per year (not including holidays). It’s important to get out and do something. We’ll look forward to seeing pictures when you get back.
- Flexible Hours - As long as you’re available during core business hours and keeping full-time hours (7am-3pm, 8am-4pm, 10am-6pm, etc.), we’ll work with you to create a schedule that’s optimal for you.
- Monthly Remote Stipend - For some, working remotely means lots of coffee shops, a co-working space, or let’s face it - needing more loungewear. We provide a $100 monthly stipend for whatever you need.
- Personal & Professional Growth - We’re serious about helping you improve your craft. Think conferences, books, dedicated time away from work to learn something new…it’s really up to you, but we love to see our people growing.
Let’s Do This Thing
If this sounds like everything you’ve been waiting for, consider this our formal invitation to apply here.
Note: If we like your application we will ask you to complete a test project free of charge to give us a better idea of how you operate hands-on. The work completed in said test project isn’t used for anything outside of gaining perspective on your work.
Thanks so much for your time - we know you could be on IG right now, but chose to be here with us instead and we’ll never forget that.