R&D / algorithmic software developer, 100% remote full-time role based in either Eastern Europe or Greece.
- Masters or ideally Ph.D. in Computer Science, Operations Research, Maths, or similar field, looking to move into industry.
- Demonstrable experience in programming. You should have worked on significant programming projects (either during your studies or in industry) and you should know at least one programming language well (ideally java using Eclipse IDE, but we will consider candidates who've worked in other programming languages).
- Demonstrable experience in developing and implementing algorithms, ideally related to combinatorial optimisation, AI, GIS, operations research, or vehicle routing problems.
- Good English language skills.
- Candidates should be based in (and have the legal right to work in) either Eastern Europe or Greece.
- Software developer working on algorithm development and non-algorithm code, for our realtime vehicle route optimiser engine ODL Live (see https://odllive.com). Most of the development will be in Java. Candidates who don't know Java must be willing to learn Java on starting the role. The role will include a mix of both cutting-edge R&D and non-research (mainstream) software development, e.g. business app development etc.
- Supporting customers as and when needed. Customer support will not comprise the majority of the role, but the successful candidate may need to spend significant time supporting customers on occasions.
- Permanent position with 6 months’ probation period.
- 100% work from home. Never commute!
- Flexible working practices. We are a small company and can adapt the role around the right candidate.
- 35 hours a week to give you a great work/life balance.
How to apply:
Send an introductory email together with your CV to email@example.com.
We do not accept submissions from recruitment agents, only direct from candidates.