Uscreen is a hyper-growth (and profitable) bootstrapped product-led SaaS business. We are revolutionizing the way that video-based entrepreneurs & creators monetize their content. Uscreen has grown from 30 to 100 employees over the last year -- with the best yet to come!
Uscreen provides an all-in-one platform for entrepreneurs to sell subscriptions, VOD, and live-streamed events on the web, through mobile apps, and via OTT (over-the-top) devices. 10,000+ video creators build, market, and sell their content with Uscreen -- and they generate hundreds-of-millions of dollars in revenue doing it.
As a programmer on our monolith team, you will work on various features and participate in refactoring the codebase.
Here are some things we’ve worked on recently to give you a sense of what you’ll be doing day-to-day:
How we work
We usually work on the new features in a small group of 1-3 developers & one designer. We are using the approach described by Basecamp for project management called Shape Up.
Remote & async
We are a remote team distributed in different time zones, so we develop a rule of overlapping time from 9 to noon EST time.
Our front-end teammates are working on more complex problems and helping maintain our component library, so rails engineers will not need to go into nitty-gritty details unless they want to.
What we will require from you
- excellent communication skills (Russian & English)
- desire to understand business logic and help customers
- happiness without toxic behavior
- good knowledge of Ruby language and Rails framework. It's a middle position, so we are not seeking perfection. If you know the drill already, try to apply for a senior position here.
- We are using Vue.js with Inertia.js, so you are a rock star if you had experience with any of them. But, if not - don't worry!
- Rails doctrine commitment,
- 20 days of paid vacation every year.
- courses and books reimbursement
- flexible and adequate work schedule
- no rush/pain-in-ass unrealistic deadlines