Uscreen helping content creators to monetize their videos to millions of users. We are fully bootstrap and a remote-first team from day 1.
As a programmer on our monolith team, you will work on various features and participate in refactoring the codebase. Moving forward as our team growth (currently on main rails application we have 9 programmers), and pick more concrete domain specialization.
In our team, we have dedicated front-end programmers, but you still will need to write frontend and cover features from A to Z, as we trying to keep our flow simple.
Here are some things we’ve worked on recently to give you a sense of what you’ll be doing day-to-day:
How we work
We usually work on the new features in a small group of 1-3 developers & one designer. We are using the approach described by Basecamp for project management called Shape Up.
Remote & async
We are a remote team distributed in different time zones, so we develop a rule of overlapping time from 9 to noon EST time.
What we will require from you
- excellent communication skills (Russian & English)
- desire to understand business logic and help customers
- happiness without toxic behavior
- excellent knowledge of Ruby language and Rails framework
- Rails doctrine commitment
- 20 days of paid vacation every year.
- courses and books reimbursement
- flexible and adequate work schedule
- no rush/pain-in-ass unrealistic deadlines