Reporting to a Product Lead, you'll be a key member of our growing development team. You will work closely with one of our product teams to and implement new application features.
At Hubtran, you will join a team that:
- Has experience. The majority of our developers have more than 10 years of professional experience. One has published a book with the Pragmatic Programmers.
- Has won the Chicago Innovation Award and Harvard Business School New Venture Contest.
- Is remote friendly. We care about what you can accomplish, not where you choose to accomplish it from.
- Believes diversity is essential and strongly encourages applications from women and minority candidates.
- Can articulate their values. You can read about our values at on our blog.
- Pays well.
- Offers benefits including health insurance, 4 weeks of vacation, 401k, and more.
In order to succeed in this role you should be:
- Experienced. You have designed and implemented entire projects not just individual stories. You have used Ruby on at least one project.
- Curious. You aren't content with the status quo and know that we can always improve.
- Self-directed. You can work on your own while prioritizing tasks.
- Collaborative. You can work with others to improve a solution.
- Empathetic. Your designs are influenced by a deep understanding of the customers' needs.
- A strong communicator. You will proactively communicate issues and trade-offs with team members to support alignment and fast decision making.
Bonus points for:
- Experience or strong interest in Machine Learning.
- Experience with functional languages like Elm, Haskell, OCaml, Elixir, or Clojure.
- Previous Logistics experience.
- Being in Chicago or Cincinnati.