Flashpoint is the globally trusted leader in risk intelligence for organizations that demand the fastest, most comprehensive coverage of threatening activity on the internet. From bolstering cyber and physical security, to detecting fraud and insider threats, Flashpoint partners with customers across the private and public sectors to help them rapidly identify threats and mitigate their most critical security risks. Flashpoint is backed by Georgian Partners, Greycroft Partners, TechOperators, K2 Intelligence, Jump Capital, Leaders Fund, Bloomberg Beta, and Cisco Investments. For more information, visit https://www.flashpoint-intel.com/ or follow us on Twitter at @FlashpointIntel.
What we are looking for:
For this role, we specifically want senior software engineers who are interested in bridging the gap between building modular, efficient systems (primarily within cloud-based environments) and in working directly with our analysts to collect relevant information from publicly available internet sources. We see it as a prerequisite that candidates already possess and demonstrate a desire to lead from the front in improving a supportive, empathetic team; we expect senior candidates to be trusted and beloved by their teammates such that they become technical and emotional anchors for the rest of the team and department.
Below is more about the role we have in mind.
What you will do:
- Nurture, refactor, and expand our systems to handle new, varied data models, while maintaining sensible code abstractions and improving the efficiency of our operations
- Work with analysts to identify important trends from the threat landscape and to explore/experiment with them
- Evaluate the fluidity, priority, and trends in internet technologies and protocols, and understand their data models well enough to intuit what their value is
- Drive down total time taken for processing (code optimization and refactoring), deployment (smoother CI/CD pipelines), and other SLAs (delivery to clients via our infrastructure)
- Improve our tooling for monitoring the health and efficiency of our systems
- Write empathetic documentation and runbooks to enable your team to be force multipliers for each other
- Help bring in new technologies and develop innovative approaches to the data challenges we face
- Apply your honesty, strong sense of morals and ethics, and sense of responsibility towards making Flashpoint and those around you smarter, stronger, and kinder
What you will bring:
- 6+ years experience contributing to production systems or other relevant experience
- Mastery in Python
- Proficiency in CI/CD
- Enjoyment for working in a close-knit, highly communicative and collaborative team
- A coding personality that excels at debugging and applying glue in engineering gaps
- Experience using headless browsers, Selenium, or the requests and BeautifulSoup Python packages
- An organized work ethic
- Comfort with online communities, the Deep and Dark Web, and social media
- Comfort with writing defensive code that can handle malformed markup, slow network conditions, and edge cases
- Comfort with non-deterministic input
- A humble attitude and persistence to learn and to Get Stuff Done Right
- Ease of ability to write documentation, task tickets, and requests for comments
- Experience with mentoring junior developers, product development, and the individual contributor/manager pendulum
What else would be great:
- Understanding of Layer 7 and the browser application as it relates to web servers, typically learned through front-end and API experience
- Code samples relating to client interaction with third-party applications
- Experience developing or using security tools, or any type of security-oriented background
- Past training in intelligence analysis
- A passion for staying up-to-date on current events, particularly for reporting about cybersecurity, federal law enforcement cases, national security, gaming community tech, and social networking
Why Flashpoint is a Great Place to Work:
- Diversity. Flashpoint is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity, inclusion, belonging, and equity. We recognize that diversity is key to achieving our vision. We believe that every person and their experiences contribute to building a work environment and a product that will change the world.
- Culture and Belonging. Our company’s culture isn’t something you join, it’s something you build and shape, and each person's unique backgrounds and experiences contribute to who Flashpoint is and will become. You will have ample opportunities to connect with coworkers through various communication channels and company-funded events: dietary & allergy conscious catered lunches, book clubs, happy hours, committees and much more.
- Benefits. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including unlimited PTO, 401(K), mental health and wellness benefits, commuter benefits, and generous parental leave policies.
- Perks. Flashpoint understands that personal wellness is one of the keys to a happy, healthy and productive work environment. That’s why we also prioritize health and wellness perks like gym reimbursements and daily meditation, well-stocked kitchens, cool cultural initiatives and inclusive employee events.
- Career Growth. Flashpoint is invested in the growth of our team members and understands that frequent, two-way feedback is critical to that growth. We encourage regular one-on-ones with your manager, a regular schedule of performance reviews, learning and development opportunities, and guidance through formalized career paths; whether that be towards being a great manager, being a great individual contributor, or a lateral move to gain breadth of knowledge and experience.