is the leading technology solution for busy eCommerce sellers to manage sales tax and is trusted by more than 20,000 businesses. Founded to help eCommerce merchants spend less time on sales tax and more time growing the businesses they love, we're passionate about creating simple solutions and leveraging technology to solve complicated sales tax issues.
Our core values
- We do the right thing for our customers.
- We're a team, built on trust.
- We're proud to be remote.
- We're in control of our own destiny.
TaxJar’s remote-only team of 100+ people is growing quickly. We have an immediate opening for an experienced Program Coordinator to join our Product Engineering team.
We're looking for an entrepreneurial, organized, and analytical program manager that is eager to make an impact on a game-changing product in eCommerce. Someone that has the passion to drive and manage development for TaxJar's strategic product initiatives to drive significant growth and adoption for the business.
On our team you will have the opportunity to define and drive technical delivery for company-wide initiatives. Working with our senior team leaders at TaxJar you will be right in the middle of making eCommerce easier for everyone.
*This is a full-time remote position available to folks located in the US.
As a Program Coordinator for TaxJar you will:
- Deeply understand the needs and desires of merchants, developers, and CPAs who collect and remit sales tax.
- Lead alignment on vision, scope, success criteria definition, release planning, and communications for large and strategic cross-squad development initiatives
- Drive product development through the entire development cycle, from conceptualization, design and development, through to launch and ongoing support in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Manage organization-wide development to program schedules. Work with teams to ensure everyone is on-track to reach their assigned goals
- Provide communications and visibility to cross-squad status (e.g. priorities, key decisions, release/production issues, dependencies, risks, metrics, milestones, etc.) on an ongoing basis through proactive status reporting and updates to all stakeholders and cross-functional team members
- Support documentation, training, and troubleshooting issues alongside the product manager and engineers
- Bring new perspectives on how we can improve our product to better serve our customers, while ensuring we stay true to our focus, core values and mission.
- Be comfortable with ambiguity, have strong attention to detail, and be excited to work in a fully-distributed environment with multiple teams.
- 3 - 6 years of project/program management experience with an agile SaaS product, preferably in small business, payroll or taxes
- Experience in project planning and implementation of cross-team initiatives
- Data driven, with strong problem framing and analytical skills. You must be able to properly frame and size complex problems, then break them down into actionable steps
- Creative problem-solver with a passion for making complex things simple(r)
- Strong interpersonal skills; you will need to develop strong relationships with developers, customer success, sales and marketing team members, state employees, and stressed-out customers
- You have the perfect combination of patience and an intense bias for action
- Superior attention to detail, with strong process and documentation skills
- Experience with software planning tools and/or project management tools
- Proactive and superstar communicator, with the ability to speak and write clearly and concisely
- Self-directed, self-motivated and an evangelizer of action within the organization
- Agile, humble, trustworthy, and a team player
- Excel at communicating with the team remotely (Basecamp, chat, zoom, email, etc)
You’ll be a great fit on our team if you
- Only want to work remotely
- Are a PRO at communicating and collaboration
- Highly value working with people you like and respect
- Are accountable
- Are confident in your skills and a solid team player (We’re peers here, no egos please) but also comfortable working asynchronously
- Are hungry to play an impactful role and not afraid to fail
We’re a happy team
and we all really love what we do. We've created a space where high-achievers can succeed, but are also safe to fail. We're profitable and focused on growing TaxJar sustainably. We're always learning how to make TaxJar the best place to work for all of us, and not just another tech startup. We’re always looking for an amazing new teammates to come share in the excitement of solving real-world problems with technology.
- Excellent health, vision and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- 401k Plan
- $1,000 in professional development credit
- Home office stipend
- Equity in a profitable company
- 2x year all-company in person retreats (fully paid for by us of course)
- Mandatory Birthday holiday!
- 12 week paid maternity/ 6 week paid paternity leave
- Monthly perks reimbursement for things like Netflix, Amazon Prime, your gym membership, home internet and more.
We offer all of our employees amazing benefits. Visit www.TaxJar.com/jobs
for a full list of our benefits and to learn more about how we work and what we stand for.
If you're not the perfect fit for this position, but you know someone who is, we'll pay you $1,000 if you refer us to the person we hire.