The Help Scout platform helps more than 10,000 small and midsize businesses in 140+ countries deliver great customer service. We’re building a product marketing team to help us earn the next 10,000 customers through close collaboration with our product, engineering, design, support, leadership, and(of course) marketing teams.
As a Product Marketer on our team, you will:
- Make it easy for businesses to understand the value of Help Scout. It goes without saying that the ability to foster a deep understanding of our products, customers, and target audience is critical to this role. You’ll be a product expert: filling the gaps between what features we have, what customers are aware of, and use cases for growth.
- Create messaging that communicates value. Great stories enable us to differentiate from competitors, communicate the value of our products, and share our impact with the world. You’ll use market, customer, and competitive research to create effective messaging frameworks, content, collateral, and sales tools to drive adoption and growth.
- Design, develop, and execute cross-functional product launches. You’ll be the point person for product launches, and are responsible for knowing what we’re releasing; who it will benefit; how impactful it will be; and how to best get the word out. That includes creating audience segmentation plans; developing messaging around the value of the new feature; writing copy and content along the customer journey for our self-service and sales-assisted funnels; pulling together the launch plan; coordinating marketing activities; identifying opportunities for iteration and experimentation; and measuring the impact of your campaigns.
- Support demand generation, content marketing, and acquisition efforts. From crafting website copy to running a custom video shoot and everything in between, you’ll collaborate with internal teams, freelancers, and agencies to create and maintain an up-to-date product presence across all marketing channels. This will include (but is not limited to) our website, email programs, blog, print materials, digital assets, events, and more. Everything you write sets and reinforces the voice and tone of our brand.
- Enable our customer-facing teams. You’ll educate our internal customer-facing teams to ensure they’re informed of what we’re releasing, how it will benefit our customers, and how to talk about it. You’ll participate in gathering competitive intelligence; ensuring consistency of our messaging across teams and channels; and producing internal and external product materials including case studies, sales collateral, and internal training sessions.
- You’ll need to be skilled in understanding, articulating, and communicating the value of our products to our target audience through creative marketing tactics and programs.
- You have superhuman organizational skills, an entrepreneurial spirit, and the capability to bring different teams together to achieve a common goal. You have a track record of getting things done—managing multiple projects and timelines simultaneously.
- You are empathetic and thoughtful, always putting yourself in the customer’s shoes. You know that the most relevant messages start with understanding how people feel, which includes internal and external partners and stakeholders.
- You have a high bar of excellence and leave no stone unturned when it comes to the details. Shipping a campaign with a broken link will temporarily ruin your day (but you’ll quickly recover and learn from the mistake, as will we!).
- You are an outstanding writer, with a knack for summing up a customer benefit in 10 words or less. You can connect what something does with why the reader should care in a clear, articulate way.
- You have a thorough, practical understanding of the product marketing process and understand how to balance competing demands and needs while always delivering content and communications that are valuable for your customers.
- You are excited about being part of a remote-first company! No experience is required—we’re happy to set you up for success.
- You have worked in B2B SaaS and enjoy the challenges of attracting people and getting them to consider our product. Bonus points for experience with SMB markets or in companies with a hybrid self-service/sales assisted business model.
Who you’ll work with:
- Head of Product Marketing – To be hired. You’ll report to this person, while also working closely with Justine Jordan, our CMO, on go-to-market strategy and campaigns.
- Ben Henderson — Director of Product, along with our product leads
- Product Specialists in the Support Team - Product specialists represent the voice of the customer, track and report on customer insights, and take the lead on creating documentation.
- The Sales Team—The Help Scout sales team inverts the way sales is typically done. They’re passionate about their craft, which entails putting the customer ahead of the sale.
- …plus teammates in Design, Marketing, Finance, and more!