Hi, we’re CompanyCam. We create simple-to-use, visual-first communication and accountability tools for contractors. Imagine a B2B SaaS app that doesn’t look like garbage, built by a team of capable, laid-back people
. But don’t let the chill throw you off; we’re a fast-growing, product-led startup with big plans for the future.
We're looking for sharp, self-motivated, kind, problem-solving Product Managers to join our team. You'll use your experience and expertise in shipping well-designed and successful SaaS apps to help us build the right stuff. We're not short on ideas, but we do need someone that can use their own insight, connection to users, data, and knowledge of technical feasibility to make product strategy decisions.
We're not looking for backlog administrators or "project" managers, and you won't impress us with Scrum or Agile certifications.
We're looking for someone that'd be capable, either now or in the future, of being the CEO at their own startup.
Did you wake up this morning with a burning desire to create apps for roofers, remodelers, or plumbers? No? I didn’t think so. I admit, it’s not something one thinks about without some prompting. But bear with me for a moment...
Contractors are everywhere. They build our homes, they literally put roofs over our heads, they wire up our electricity, give us access to the internet, fix our plumbing and AC, paint our homes, the list goes on.
At CompanyCam, you’ll work with intelligent, kind people to make contractors' work easier and create time for them, so they can get shit done and spend more time with their families or on other things they care about. Sound corny? You’ll find that mid-western ethos permeates our culture (we’re based in Lincoln, NE), so if you can’t hang with that, no hard feelings, but this probably isn’t the role for you.
What it's like to work at CompanyCam?
Our Product and Engineering departments do things a little differently. We use Basecamp’s Shape Up
method (fused with empowered product teams a la Marty Cagan's Inspired
) to organize and execute our work. You'll largely be spending your time "shaping" projects for the engineers and designers to work on, while also spending some time in the weeds with them on delivery. No sprinting, no scrumming, no death by 1,000 meetings.
We collaborate as a team, but we also aim to protect our engineers' and designers' time, treat them like adults, and trust them to get their work done. We’re also big on not overworking people. Put in a focused eight hours and TURN. SLACK. OFF. No nights and weekends required.
Our larger company culture is also refreshingly chill. We have fun, learn from each other, and don’t take ourselves too seriously.
We cover the important stuff too. We pay well, offer unlimited vacation, meaningful equity, health insurance, and other benefits. If you're local or down to move to Nebraska in a post-COVID world, we’re custom remodeling a new office space in the Lincoln Haymarket area that you’ll love. If you're remote (about a third of the overall product+engineering group is), we’re well set up with great conference room video equipment so you feel like you’re there with us, and once live is back to normal we'll fly you in a few times a year to hang out in scenic Lincoln, NE.
Now, on to the requirements:
- Show up every day, having the courage to do the difficult but necessary stuff.
- Grow up constantly: you're OK working in an environment full of change. You take responsibility, love ownership, learn continuously, and have a growth mindset.
- Do good by treating your co-workers and customers the way you would like to be treated.
- Have strong experience and expertise in collaborating with Product (UX/UI) Designers and Engineers to build user-facing apps.
- Be comfortable with -- and adept at -- interacting directly with customers, showing a proven ability to uncover their true needs.
- Be an expert at stakeholder management, integrating their expertise with customer and business needs to achieve success. Be ready to debate with Luke, our CEO who will challenge you with many (good) opinions about product and UX.
- Be excited be held accountable to numbers that measure real outcomes.
- Reside permanently and currently somewhere in the continental USA. Sorry, we're not hiring PMs outside the US at this time even if you're willing to work during US timezones.
It'd be NICE if you...
- Live in Lincoln, NE or are interested in relocating (we'd provide assistance).
- Are a former engineer or product designer.
- Have some data-diving experience in Mixpanel or writing SQL queries.
- Have worked within the Shape Up methodology and know its strengths/weaknesses.
- Have experience building well-designed apps in a Product-led Growth environment and can leverage that experience here.