ApprovalMax is a medium-size yet rapidly growing startup that develops the no-code SaaS app which integrates with world-class cloud based finance & accounting systems such as Xero, QuickBooks Online, NetSuite. We automate complex approval workflows for bills, invoices, budget allocations which any accountant can easily set up using ApprovalMax.
We are remote-first international team of high performers distributed between Russia, Germany, UK and New Zealand and our customers are spread worldwide in English-speaking regions.
We have a proven business model, achieved consistent growth for 5 years in a row and we are now scaling our business.
Why we need a product analyst
Up until now we have mostly grown based on product instincts and customer feedbacks. However we have started using data-driven and data-informed approach at an exponential rate recently. So we are currently looking for a full-time analyst who can cover multiple areas:
Product Analytics (45%):
- Deepen the research of user behavior in the core processes (onboarding, adoption, churn) that directly impact the growth metrics.
- Measure product feature usage consistently instead of current ad hoc requests from the product team.
- Implement event-based analytics using Amplitude to enrich our understanding of user experience and their path inside the app.
- Perform ad hoc analyses to help the product team make better decisions.
Business Analytics (35%):
- Improve dashboards with SaaS metrics matrix for business health tracking and deeper understanding of our growth and bottlenecks.
- Perform analyses on the efficiency of Sales & Customer Success pro-active customer outreach approach and help to set data-driven KPIs.
Marketing Analytics (20%):
- Help the marketing team to understand the effect of marketing campaigns (webinars and digital ads).
Who we are looking for
- A generalist data analyst who is capable of handling several areas (product/business/marketing analytics). Of course, we understand the limitations and do not require expert knowledge everywhere but you shouldn't be afraid to take on tasks in new areas.
- A full-stack working in an end-to-end way (requirements clarification -> data gathering with basic ETL -> dashboards and charts delivery -> communicating findings and making recommendations).
- You are reliable and can work with minimum supervision and don't require review all the time.
- You are product/business savvy enough - has your own opinion on how to perform analyses. Act as a partner to product managers and guide them instead of waiting for a detailed spec.
- You are technical enough to handle all dirty data work (we don't have a dedicated data engineer to set up ETL for you) - so strong SQL knowledge is a must have skill.
Why you should choose us
- We are remote-first and have flexible working hours. We don't care where are you located or when you work if the job is done and you show up at the scheduled meetings.
- We have room for improvement for you. You can grow up into a SaaS analytics lead or expert pretty soon given the depth and breadth of our tasks.
- We are experiencing exponential growth in data culture adoption. You will mostly work on critical analytics tasks, so the results of your work will be very much appreciated in the business.
- The basic analytics infrastructure is already set up. You don't need to start from scratch.
- We have a horizontal structure and no bureaucracy because growth is the only thing that matters.