Make a Dent in the Universe by Solving the Number One Problem Faced by Medical Researchers
- Have Freedom Over When, Where & How You Work
- Rapid Growth in New and Existing Paid Advertising Skills
- Paid Holidays Whenever You Like
- Salary + Performance Compensation Package
Hello—we’re Trialfacts, a remote entrepreneurial company, and without us, a lot of medical research would not be possible. We’re searching for a Paid Advertising Specialist to help our team solve our clients’ biggest problem. If you’re looking for a position where you can set your own hours, take holidays as you see fit, work remotely from home or anywhere in the world, and help medical research succeed, then please read on.
Today’s highly sophisticated medical system has added nearly 20 years of life expectancy, reduced infant mortality by 90% and maternal mortality by 99%. Polio, leprosy, smallpox, and tuberculosis are practically eradicated, even in the poorest countries in the world. There’s plenty of room for improvement, but a big part of what’s been achieved is due to new medications, medical devices and understanding developed through clinical research.
Our clients – academic researchers and medical research organizations, are working hard to continue to develop treatments and devices, increase our understanding, eradicate sickness and improve quality of life. Their biggest challenge is spending half of their time searching for and never being able to recruit enough of the patients required for their clinical trials.
Our company – Trialfacts removes the biggest hurdle and frustration to conducting their research, by recruiting the patients and volunteers they require for their clinical trials, and many times thereby saving their research. We’re the only company in the industry to also do this in a predictable and reliable manner, by determining upfront exactly how many patients we can recruit, and backing that up with a money-back guarantee.
We're looking for someone who can:
Optimize— You’ll be managing our Facebook campaigns from end to end, and expected to continuously run experiments and evaluate new strategies, processes and technologies to continuously improve performance and CPA. You’ll be expected to contribute to ongoing advertising process and systems improvement to support reliable campaign performance forecasting and efficient campaign setup.
Scale— Very often our clients are under pressure to get volunteers as fast as possible. We need to be able to scale up our Facebook campaigns as and when they need us to, to not only match their demand but keep our CPAs well under control. This won’t always be easy, especially if we have been targeting a specific audience for a number of months. You’ll need to be creative and relentless in your efforts to satisfy our clients’ needs.
Evolve— We’re a growing business that is keen to increase our presence across popular advertising channels, such as Adwords, Instagram and Youtube. You will work with our Recruitment Manager to identify the channels best suited to us and run experiments to quickly grow our expertise in these areas.
Learn— We’re looking for someone who’s driven to constantly update their Facebook advertising and optimization knowledge with the latest strategies and techniques. You’ll also need to rapidly develop an in-depth understanding of clinical trials and what it means to advertise for them on paid online channels. Unlike advertising for other products and services, you will be guided by strict ethical codes and guidelines, which at times, will require innovative problem-solving.
What’s in it for you:
Autonomy — We don’t have set working hours. We don’t have a leave application process (you can take paid holidays whenever you want). We don’t micromanage or babysit. You’ll be accountable to the rest of the team purely on your results, and not on the number of hours spent working.
Our team is remote (we communicate viaSlack, Basecamp and video conferencing software). We set our own hours based on what works for us and our clients. As long as you have a good internet connection you can work from wherever in the world you choose. Innovation — We’ve launched innovative patient recruitment strategies (e.g. ourphone screening appointment system,researcher interviews, social media recruitment), and we’re constantly improving our service. We have developed a data-driven forecasting approach that provides predictability in a volatile industry. Our consistent, data-driven process has allowed us to be the first and only recruitment company to provide certainty to our clients via a money-back guarantee.
We apply the same innovative approach to patient advertising, and are always trying to improve our abilities, whether that’s through using platforms like Adespresso, exploring new channels or trying out different advertising mediums like video advertising.
Impact — Trialfacts plays an extremely important role in contributing to medical research and driving humanity forward. Our clients—researchers working at universities, pharmaceutical companies, biotech companies, natural medicine companies, hospitals and medical practices—work hard to develop treatments and technology that cure diseases and improve quality of life.
Growth — As a member of a small team you'll be exposed to many areas of the business. You'll be given the opportunity to learn many new skills and experiment in many new areas, as well as progress and build on what you already know. We’ll encourage you to test out new onboarding and client education strategies. You'll have access to courses and training programs of your choice, paid for by Trialfacts. Each quarter we’ll put in place a Development Plan to increase your skills, knowledge, experience, and responsibility.
Opportunity— As a small and innovative team we’ve done away with outdated corporate thinking like the physical office, micromanaging and bureaucratic leave processes, but we haven’t thrown the baby out with the bathwater. We offer a stable salary + results-based compensation package, discretionary annual bonuses, annual salary review, a personal and tailored development plan, and the possibility to grow into positions of additional responsibility and leadership in the future.
We’re growing rapidly and we're excited to have someone join the team who will be focusing exclusively on optimization and scaling, and growing our presence on new advertising channels. We're an innovative company in an industry ripe for disruption. The future looks optimistic as we continue to improve and expand on our core service.
This position is for you if you:
- Have Facebook ad experience - we're all about learning on the job, however we would prefer someone who has previous experience in running campaigns on Facebook.
- Are great at synthesizing information - you’ll be analyzing vast amounts of data across multiple campaigns and funnel stages, so you’ll need to be at home with receiving a high volume of input, honing in on what’s important, and efficiently moving forward.
- Have a passion for testing and making data-driven decisions - there’s no doubt advertising requires a love of both data and testing. If you’re not comfortable with gathering, manipulating and interpreting data, and constantly testing everything, then please don’t apply.
- Love learning - we're a team that's driven by learning and improving. We're looking for someone who wants to continuously learn and develop as an Optimisation specialist, grow as a person and constantly improve the service that we provide. If you’re not excited about learning and always taking that next course, then this position is not a good fit for you.
- Are highly organized - you'll be managing campaigns for many different clients, while also testing, creating and setting up new campaigns, and always learning more. If you're not highly organized and comfortable in a fast-paced environment then you're unlikely a good-fit for this role.
- Are proficient in HTML & CSS (any other coding languages are an asset) - Similar to the above, marketing today relies heavily on technology and automation. You don’t need any formal development experience but if you’re not comfortable with at least HTML & CSS, please don’t apply. Similarly, if you’re not the kind of person that loves testing out new tools and technology, this position is not a good fit.
- Excel at written and spoken English - Being able to write well is a must for any Trialfacts position. Being in a remote team, you must also be great at communicating and comfortable sharing your thoughts - whether it be in Slack or during a team meeting on Zoom. At times you will even use screen share software (like Loom) to explain a concept or provide feedback.
- Are results-driven - you will be coached and guided, but ultimately you will be responsible for your performance which will directly impact your compensation.
- Are looking for a full-time position - we’re experiencing growth and we need someone who can fully commit to Trialfacts and get up to speed fairly quickly. We’re not looking for someone who wants to run their own part-time business or freelancing career on the side.
Yes, this position description is so long that it needs a summary! Here are the facts:
- Set your own hours: Choose when and how you work, but there needs to be some flexibility to have training and meetings with our Operations Manager, Jess, and the rest of the team. This is a full-time position.
- Work remotely: We’re a virtual team located around the globe. You can live anywhere or travel with this position. You will need a reliable internet connection.
- Results-based environment: You’ll be evaluated based on your results. You will not be micromanaged, but you need to be effectively onboarding clients, increasing the number of studies that meet their enrolment goals and nurturing repeat business from our major clients.
- Commitment to learning: We believe in continuous improvement and growth. You’ll be mentored, guided, and trained by our Operations Manager, Jess and team. External resources, courses and training programs paid for by Trialfacts.
- Contribute something meaningful to the world: We make a lot of medical research possible that would otherwise fail, and remove the #1 headache faced by researchers in a predictable and reliable manner, backed by our money-back guarantee.
- Trial period: There will be an initial paid trial period typically lasting 2-3 weeks, but it’s possible it might be longer. Typically, there are 3-4 candidates participating in the trial period.
- Compensation: Compensation will be a monthly salary plus performance-based compensation package. Salaries are reviewed annually.
Interested in making a difference with us? Here’s how to apply:
If you're interested in this position, then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Paid Advertising Specialist Application – [Your Name]” and tell us why we should consider you. Please also let us know how you heard about this position, and include in your application your current career goals and why you would like this position. Please also address where you think you’ll be located.
Please note, you may find the application process differs a little from what you might expect. Although there will be phone interviews, an interview alone is a poor way to assess a candidate, so we’ll also be asking you to complete a few short tasks. These tasks are quick and designed to be fun and informative, but also to assess something about you. After each task we will let you know if you were successful in proceeding to the next round. If all goes well, we’ll ask you to undertake a paid trial to see if there is a good fit, before making a final decision.