Red Wing Shoes' Sr. .Net Software Developer (full-time remote)
Watch here to see what it's like to work at Red Wing Shoe Company.
Red Wing Shoe Company is based in Red Wing, Minnesota, just 40 minutes from St. Paul, where our corporate office sits along the Mississippi River in downtown Red Wing. We are a global company with 2300 employees around the world, but we maintain a close-knit family atmosphere that comes with being a privately-held company. We’re rich in history and tradition, but innovation drives us to deliver best-in-class product solutions and highly rated customer experiences. Focus on our employees and company culture results in meaningful employee engagement across the organization. Our Guiding Behaviors of Living our Values, Honoring our Brands, Inspiring our People, Centering on our Customers, and Preserving the long term success and legacy of our Company are the foundation on which we build our future.
- In collaboration with product owners, business analysts and enterprise architects, identify system and service requirements and provide high level estimates of the effort required to deliver requested business functionality.
- Develop system plans which fit business needs while maintaining a stable development environment, managing the approach with attention to balancing business and technical perspectives.
- Lead the team in the design and implementation of an application or system paying particular attention to scalability; working closely with quality assurance team members to ensure designs meet testability requirements.
- Translate designs, requirements and specifications into usable and scalable software following industry best practices in service design, automated build procedures, automated test execution and automated deployment methods.
- Communicate plans and design direction with leadership, project manager, business analysts, enterprise architects and end users.
- Troubleshoot and resolve quality and performance issues with cross-functional team members, perform application support and problem resolution; modify existing software to enhance functionality and/or correct defects, improving overall quality and functionality.
- Lead design and code reviews providing constructive feedback, mentoring other developers on technology innovation, design standards and industry best practices; collaborate with other developers in knowledge sharing opportunities to increase bench strength of the team.
- Anticipate and communicate blockers, delays and scope creep with project managers and leaders.
Required Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field.
- 8-12 years relevant experience or combination of education and/or experience.
Required Skills & Ability
- Expert in .NET development tools using C#, RESTful API development, service-oriented architecture, dependency management, and unit testing using industry best practices.
- Experience developing cloud-based applications with deep understanding of cloud-based infrastructure
- Experience working with messaging concepts and implementations (e.g. RabbitMQ)
- Experience with API gateway using Azure APIM (or similar concepts)
- Experience implementing Infrastructure as Code to automate the provisioning and deployment of Cloud resources
- Experience with Continuous Integration and deployment using Azure DevOps.
- Object-oriented knowledge and practical experience with design patterns.
- Thorough understanding of SQL and stored procedures.
- Deep understanding of basic software development lifecycles; Agile and SAFe preferred.
- Excellent problem-solving, issue identification and technical documentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets.
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem-solving skills.
Preferred Skills & Abilities
- Experience with serverless concepts
- Experience with SalesForce development including but not limited to: APEX triggers, ProcessBuilder and CometD Eventing, SOQL Object collections, SFDC Metadata and related concepts of: Packages, Segmenting, and Versioning vs ChangeSet migration; understanding or ORG complexity and the use of Scratch\Sandbox Orgs and related toolsets (Metazoa, etc).
- Experience developing within the Java platform.
Red Wing Shoe Company will not be using recruitment agencies or firms to fill this position and we will not accept unsolicited resumes or candidate information. No agency calls please.
Red Wing Shoe Company, Inc. is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)