● 3+ years of experience developing Android Apps and Services. Java is preferred
● Understanding OOP concepts and design patterns
● Native Android UI development for phones and tablets (multi-resolutions, resource utilization such as images, layouts, strings)
● Awareness of the Android UI/UX guidelines;
● Exposure with Internationalization and Localization;
● Writing Android clients for Web Services
● Firm understanding of Intents, ContentProviders, Services, BroadcastReceivers, AsyncTask, Handlers, and AIDL
● SQLite on Android;
● Experience with RxJava, Dagger, Retrofit, OkHttp, Android Architecture Components (MVVM, Room)
● Experience with unit tests
● Experience with creating UML Sequence Diagrams
● Communication and problem solving skills
● English — intermediate or higher
● Experience in the Payment Industry and related risk analysis and assessment
● Experience in Point Of sale terminals and especially Soft Pos solutions
● Experience in writing Appium hybrid application tests
● Experience in using Gerrit
● A competitive reward for your skills, experience, input, and results.
● Abilities to visit conferences, master classes, pass certifications.
● English classes and an opportunity to learn from a native speaker.
● Full compensation package.
● Regular team events and activities.
● Active communication with PO, BA, Tech lead, development team and other stakeholders
● Team work. Participation in grooming sessions, planning sessions and retrospectives
● Clarify unclear business requirements and split business stories for sub-tasks, provide estimates for Jira tickets
● Write readable, optimized, reusable code and cover it with automated tests
● As a software engineer you’ll have the opportunity to work with Android on either our Payments or Platform Teams and in some cases cross-functionally.
● On Payments, you will create world-class payment experiences for merchants and customers. These payment experiences will be used by both internal and external developers building apps on the platform. You will Architect solutions and execution through hands-on development, quality-assurance, and prototyping.
● On Platform, you will create shared apps, services, and SDKs for various internal and external developers building apps on the platform. You will Architect solutions and execution through hands-on development, quality-assurance, and prototyping.