As a software company, ReviewTrackers empowers businesses to better understand their customers through advanced reviews and customer feedback technology. Our platform aggregates our customer’s reviews allowing them to analyze, amplify, and maximize customer feedback to accelerate customer acquisition and improve customer retention while driving more authentic connections.
At ReviewTrackers, we cultivate an inclusive, equitable, dynamic, and communicative team environment. We value crafting a team with diverse backgrounds and mindsets while respecting a healthy expression of opinions. We support and inspire our team to experiment with new ideas while collaborating and communicating with one another to find creative solutions.
ReviewTrackers is currently looking for a passionate, self-motivated, and collaborative Backend Engineer to join our Engineering Team. As a backend engineer, you will help deliver complex new features that provide our users with unique business insights. Additionally, you help maintain healthy code repositories, as we strive to spend one-fourth of our time tackling tech debt. Join us as we continue to change the way businesses interact with their customers!
What you will be working on:
- You will be contributing to our web applications while working in an event-driven architecture while working in Ruby, Postgres, and RabbitMQ. There will be opportunities to touch Golang and Python.
- You will iterate on features while collaborating extensively with the Product team.
- You will help improve code repositories that are deployed daily and tested thoroughly.
- You will be working with other engineers pulling in tech-debt items to help maintain a healthy codebase.
Who you will be working with:
- You will be reporting to the Engineering Manager and meeting weekly to develop a clear and defined promotional path.
- You will be working within our engineering department while collaborating with other engineers, a product manager, and a product designer.
- You will be cross-collaborating with the product team to create data-driven solutions.
- You will be working with the product team to POC product ideas collected from all ReviewTrackers employees, including engineering.
What we need from you:
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- You have at least 1.5+ years of practical use of programming in a modern programming language(s).
- You have advanced experience with one or more of the following technologies: Ruby, Golang, PostgreSQL, SQL. (Preferred experience using Ruby and PostgreSQL in a production environment.)
- You have experience participating in the architecture and design of new and existing products.
- You have the motivation to learn new skills while contributing to phenomenal work and striving to be the best version of yourself while working on a collaborative team!
Perks and Benefits at ReviewTrackers:
- 100% company-paid premiums for health, dental, vision, life, short-term disability, and long-term disability insurance.
- BlueCross BlueShield healthcare benefits are available for families.
- Flexible PTO policy.
- Company-sponsored 401K matching at 3%.
- FSA or HSA benefits are available.
- Pre-taxed transit benefits.
- Diversity & Inclusion Culture Group and company-wide training(s).
- Volunteer & Fundraising initiatives.
- Monthly All-Hands meeting with all ReviewTrackers departments to discuss what each team is working on and reiterate its mission.
- Company Kindle, along with unlimited books of your choice.
- Stocked Kitchen with snacks and drinks (when we’re back in the office).
- Company monthly Lunch n’ Learns with lunch provided (when we’re back in the office).
- Monthly ‘Take Your Coworker to Lunch’ paid for by ReviewTrackers (when we’re back in the office).
ReviewTrackers provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.