If you love start-ups, passionate about building software that customers love and keen to go on a rapid personal growth journey - read on!
Who are we?
Zipline is a fast growing SaaS startup with a modern product culture.
The team is around 40 people, primarily based in Melbourne but we work as a distributed team (some are in Brisbane, Sydney, Perth, Singapore etc.)
Zipline helps organisations automate, manage and improve the experience of people coming in and out of buildings.
This is a super important challenge to solve given the changing restrictions through a pandemic (eg. A visitor can’t enter an Aged Care facility without a flu vacation and temperature check). We focus our value prop around ‘pandemic proof’ market segments - ensuring strong growth for the years ahead.
We uniquely bundle our own hardware with software, allowing us to control the user experience. This means we actively experiment with new hardware sensors and IOT devices as they become available - so we can keep adding value in solving our customers problems.
Zipline is part of the same team at RateItapp.com which offers an easy way to track and improve the Customer Experience. Some of our customers include; Adidas, 7-Eleven, Mitre 10, Mad Mex, Fitness First, City of Melbourne, Ramsay Health, St Vincents and Regis.
How we work
Product culture is strong at Zipline, this shows up as:
We have strong core-values that we strictly hire to, so if these resonate, we want to hear from you!
Customer Centricity is #1
- We think in (customer) outcomes not outputs, eg. impact, not (how much) output we do
- We all deeply care about our users and look for ways to delight them
- Pumped about hitting BIG goals as part of a high performing team
- Highly driven to accelerate our own personal growth & careers
- We are learning machines; curious & open-minded
- We take on 'radical ownership' e.g. “What could I have done differently/better?”
Awesome to work with
- We have a ‘can do’ attitude… you constant hear; "how can I help"
- We are pragmatic & humble - hence no arseholes here... oh and we’re fun to work with!
No mind reading required
- We speak up & share what's on our mind (verbal &/or written - inc. w/ anonymous options)
- We believe in and practice ‘radical candour’. Invest in creating psychological safe spaces
- There’s no politics, no games here. People know what's going on & where they stand
KISS: Keep it simple
- We obsess over making things easy.
- We have mantra of simplicity, which includes “improve, don’t invent”
- No jargon, simple english.
*Jobs To Be Done
What is it like to work here?
Who are we looking for?
Our focus is on the customer; delivering valuable product outcomes, and remaining flexible in a world of frequently-changing requirements.We’re looking for Rubyists who know how to pragmatically balance those needs with simplicity of design and Lean feature development.
You’ll be working on a fresh new app (blank sheet of paper!), keeping it simple with a rails app serving up pages to a thin client. You’ll be rounding out the rough edges with JS here and there. Test driven development is the norm here, as is high-quality, lightweight OO code.
We’re a very remote-friendly company, where career development is taken seriously, and mind-reading doesn’t feature.
This is a new team; we’ll be building the team culture together, and we can’t wait to have you join us on this journey.