is looking for a Marketing Associate who will support a wide variety of marketing activities, with a specific focus on messaging and communications. Their primary responsibility will be to articulate Code.org
’s messages and calls to action in email marketing campaigns, collateral, and potentially other communication channels in support of Code.org
’s education, professional development, advocacy and fundraising efforts.
In this role, you will -
• Write email newsletters and regular updates sent to several million teachers and supporters—gathering content from appropriate teams, running a/b tests, tracking campaign performance
• Serves as channel manager for email and become the platform expert—building, segmenting, and maintaining partner and audience email lists, tracking metrics
• Coordinate communications activities across teams, making sure they are in sync, and maintaining the overall communications calendar
• Maintain overall communications scheduling calendar - including emails, blog posts, speaking opportunities, events
• Support fundraising and donor stewardship messaging and communications campaigns—including helping with copy and content (email, donation site, PDF, slides)
• Support and coordinate efforts around student inspiration campaigns and projects
• Create/update marketing content and collateral (website, PDF, slides)
• Work across different teams in the organization to keep messaging and brand consistent
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
To be successful in this role, you should be a self-starter, experienced in communications, who can multitask, work efficiently and excel under pressure. As our ideal candidate, you will quickly produce clear and compelling marketing copy and articulate complicated messages in an easily understandable manner—with simplicity and brevity. You’ll be tech-savvy and agile, with the ability to swiftly prioritize duties, pivoting as needed on multiple ongoing projects. You should be flexible and willing to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
As our ideal candidate, you have the following qualifications:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong marketing copywriting and content development experience
• Ability to quickly identify awkward copy and clarify messaging
• Ability to write in different voices
• Familiarity with email performance tracking methodologies and website analytics tools
• Proven ability to work effectively across a wide range of internal teams, and produce on deadline in a fast-paced environment
• Proficiency with Google suite of office applications
• A keen eye for visual clarity in communications (layout, spacing, length)
• 2-5 years of relevant experience in communications and technology
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or related field—or equivalent work experience
• Ability to create informative graphics and/or experience with markdown or HTML is a big plus
WHAT IS THE INTERVIEW PROCESS LIKE?
Step 1: Informational Interview - learn more about the role and share your experience
Step 2: Interviews with several members of the Marketing team
Step 3: Final Interview + Meet & Greet with 2-3 members of the Code.org
Step 4: Reference checks
All interviews are currently being conducted virtually via Google Meet
The application deadline for this role is Sunday, January 31, 2021 @ 11:59 pm PST. Our team will review all applications and if we believe your qualifications would make a great fit, we'll reach out by Tuesday, February 2, 2021 to schedule an informational interview.