, our vision is that every student in every school has the opportunity to learn computer science. To support that vision, our People Ops team works to build an inclusive environment and outstanding employee experience that lets our mission-driven team thrive! From a candidate’s first contact to an employee’s last day with us, we constantly think about what makes Code.org
a phenomenal place to work and how we can make it better. We are looking for our first Learning & Development Manager to join us!
As Learning & Development Manager, you will build a curriculum and training program aligned with our values that meet the many different professional development needs of Code.org
’s diverse team. In this new role, you will define and deliver on a strategic learning and development roadmap that encompasses a team member’s entire lifecycle with us, from new employee onboarding through ongoing career development and manager training.
As our ideal candidate, you have experience building and delivering learning programs that support leadership development and the growth of people managers, teams, and individuals. You have strong cultural awareness, are passionate about inclusion and diversity, and understand issues that underrepresented populations face at work.
In this role, you will:
• Develop and craft learning programs to support training and onboarding, leadership and manager development, professional skill and career development, and diverse and inclusive teams and organizational culture
• Identify training and development needs and objectives through team surveys, focus groups, and communication with people managers; analyze survey data; and track and evaluate progress toward those objectives
• Plan and support team-wide trainings for our twice annual all-staff gatherings, and throughout the year, including ongoing team-wide equity professional development opportunities that grow of how to engage with in and nurture a culture of belonging and inclusion for our teams and explore topics such as racial issues in the United States in a way that fosters and engages different viewpoints
• Expand new-hire onboarding to include training on Code.org
values (including around diversity, equity, and inclusion), and measures we take to achieve equity in our workplace and classroom work
• Identify and serve as primary point of contact with external consultants and trainers
• Build and manage the learning and development budget
• Oversee professional development stipends and provide individual learning coaching and support
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
To be successful in this role, you have at least five years of experience developing and managing learning programs that support the growth, development and retention of diverse team members and managers throughout an organization. You should have a passion for diversity, equity & inclusion work - bonus if you have formally supported an organization in diversity, equity, and inclusion work for 1-2 years.
As our ideal candidate, you also:
• Have excellent communication skills and the ability to work effectively with leadership and team members at all levels
• Have the ability to lead difficult conversations and experience facilitating training related to potentially tough topics such as inclusion, biases, racism, and building and retaining a diverse organizational culture
• Have experience and ability to design and implement effective training and development, using multiple learning methods and matching the appropriate methods with the subject matter
• Excel at building relationships and establishing expertise with all levels of the organization
• Have effective and engaging presentation skills
• Have excellent organizational skills, program and project management skills
• Have experience analyzing and using survey data to identify gaps and needs
• Are able to evaluate and research training options and alternatives
• Have a Bachelor's degree in HR or relevant field or equivalent skills, knowledge and experience