Position Title: Software Engineer
Reports to: CTO
Ideally, US timezone Based
Join a team that’s transforming higher education by using our disruptive technology to serve the education community. Bibliotech gives you the opportunity to work with a mission-driven organization that is changing the future of the multi-billion-dollar textbook industry. You'll have a direct impact on students and educational professionals as we work together to reduce the cost of course materials.
Why work for Bibliotech?
You will be part of a team that pushes boundaries to provide the most efficient learning experience for academic content worldwide. You will have the opportunity to influence product development. You will have access to cutting-edge frameworks and software tools, as well as developer conferences for Google, AWS, Apple, etc.
We offer a competitive salary, stock options, private medical insurance, travel card and more. To promote a healthy work-life balance, we offer generous paid-time-off and remote working opportunities. We believe in cultivating a fun, energetic, well-nourished team culture! We enjoy free top-shelf coffee and healthy snacks, birthday cakes, social and team sporting events, and off-site retreats.
This opportunity will allow you to work with a global, cross-functional, product-driven team. You will be a Lead for our Academic Systems team. Taking an MVP into production, sprint planning, issue planning and reporting, Building and leading a team of 4/5engineers working on LTI integration. You will be working with our Enterprise Customers to develop and improve our systems that integrate into their systems.
- Implement and build new features of a constantly evolving app
- Lead other engineers to deliver code
- Test code is written using well-known frameworks
- Peer code reviews
- Architect the structure of data
- Build new features with rapid scaling in mind
- Understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Work with stakeholders to define the best solutions to development problems and business requirements
- Set deadlines and communicate often about progress toward those goals
Our Ideal Candidate has:
- 5+ years of Node.js experience
- 2 years of experience with Web development
- Expertise in building integrations with 3rd party services
- Strong SQL understanding, experience with ORM services
- Experience with Amazon Web Services, or other cloud providers
- Experience in leading small engineering teams across multiple locations
- Familiarity with using JIRA
- Contributed to open-source projects (Node.js knowledge preferred)
- Excellent communication skills with technical and non-technical team members
- Works autonomously in an initiative driven environment
- Ability to multitask and prioritize multiple Projects