Heroku is looking to hire a talented Software Engineer to help build, operate, and automate the services that support the internal business operations infrastructure for the world’s largest PaaS cloud.
You will be an engineer on the Heroku Vault team. The Vault built and operates a distributed system using Ruby, Elixir, Postgresql, and Redshift. We collect all of our platform’s usage data and use that data to generate customer invoices. We use our software to run and manage the monthly collections process. Our financial data is combined with information gathered from the platform and surfaced to drive business decisions. We need an engineer that can help us build, monitor, and operate the most crucial moving parts of our business infrastructure.
We are a collaborative team and strive for high quality and excellence in our software, team processes and operational activities. All of our infrastructure runs on Heroku and we're pushing the state-of-the-art in how to design, build and operate distributed systems on Heroku.
You’ll be directly responsible for the building, operating, and automating Heroku’s business operations infrastructure.
- Continually improving our distributed usage data collection system
- Building and operating our monitoring for usage data collection, invoice builds, and collections activities across a distributed system
- Automating and monitoring the collections process
- Developing new tools to enable effective management of distributed systems, including diagnostic, monitoring and mitigation tools
- Following up on production incidents with root cause analysis, incident response analysis and remediation plans
- Understanding the capacity of various services and planning for future growth, from simple metrics-based scaling factors to architectural inflection points
- Technical proficiency with RESTful web services, Ruby, SQL, and Linux
- Strong working knowledge of large scale service-oriented infrastructure and the design of scalable, consistent systems in the real world
- Ability to understand, troubleshoot, mitigate and trace root causes in distributed systems, sometimes under pressure
- A firm grasp of the performance characteristics of distributed systems and how to optimize for particular workloads
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to work effectively with geographically distributed teams and people of various backgrounds
- Strong focus on quality, correctness, and trust to work with financial information
- Familiarity with Heroku
- Service Reliability Background
- Large scale automation architecture and development
- Experience with financial systems
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes’s “World’s Most Innovative Company” six years in a row and one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” nine years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.