My client is looking to recruit a passionate Lead Backend Software Engineer who is experienced with the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), change management, and modern tools and pipelines.
The ideal candidate will have scaffolded applications from scratch, deployed them to production, and managed/mentored junior and mid-level full-stack software engineers.
We're open to someone who is technology agnostic who is excited by the prospect of working with new and latest technologies. The successful candidate will be able to lead a small but growing team of software engineers, act as a technical lead and be comfortable developing exciting greenfield solutions.
- Hands-on lead, managing a tribe focused on backend technologies.
- Create, migrate, and maintain new features following ATDD and BDD methodology
- Show creativity and initiative to improve product test coverage and effectiveness.
- Reinforce development best practices for quality assurance, security, and deployment.
- Instill and drive a delivery-focused culture while promoting a fun hardworking workplace.
- Contribute to research and the design of new systems.
- Near fluent English speaking, reading, and writing ability.
- BSc Computer Science, Mathematics, or similar
- 5+ years professional experience focused on backend engineering and system design
- 2+ years of experience working as a lead/architect building enterprise web applications.
- Strong operational experience. Ideally in a 24x7 SaaS environment
- Strong experience with some of the following: video streaming; scalable SQL; tuning distributed systems; DevOps at scale Strong experience in writing TypeScript and other pre/post processors such as WebPack
- Strong experience in Node.JS, Express, TypeORM, and SQL
- Strong experience integrating with React 16+, Android, and iOS applications (e.g. REST, Socket.IO)
- Strong experience in architecting role-based authorization, MFA, and multi-tenant systems
- Strong experience in monitoring systems such as Callstats, New Relic, Datadog, etc
- Strong experience in Docker and container-based services such as Kubernetes, AWS Fargate, etc
- Understand and facilitate micro frontends, component driven development
- Experience in several testing frameworks and tools such as Swagger, BrowserStack, Jest, Cypress
- Experience in Git, Git Flow, and other code management tools
- Experience in Continuous integration tools such as CircleCI, GitHub Actions, etc
- Experience in backlog management, code reviews, pull-requests, paired programming
- Experience in augmented reality and WebGL
- Experience in Nx/Nwrl monorepo architecture
- Experience with WebRTC
- Experience in C++, WebAssembly and integrating other NDK’s
- Certified in AWS or Azure