Moment is a collection of photographers, videographers, designers, and engineers who believe the world is a better place when you get lost and follow your lens.
We want to make the best tools in the world for mobile photography.
** U.S. applicants only please. No agencies, we are looking for an in-house, full-time hire.**
Why we need you...
We created the Moment Pro Camera app on Android to deliver advanced photography tools that you won’t get in the native app. Building the best tools requires amazing developers who are passionate about photography and we are just getting started.
What you will be doing…
You'll be the first in-house Android engineer helping to drive the platform experience by shipping new features and improving our existing ones. This means excellent development practices and careful code architecture in an organization built around rapid releases. We are nimble in shipping as frequently as we can, but our first priority is customer experience.
Your general areas of focus include:
- Help to define new features with the team.
- Work closely with designers and engineers to quickly prototype new features and APIs.
- Implement features, frameworks, and fixes in an Android development environment.
- Work with our beta testing team and analytics to drive feature implementation and rapidly iterate.
Beyond being passionate about mobile photography we are looking for the following experience:
- 3+ Years of Android development.
- Strong understanding of Android and Java (Kotlin is a huge plus).
- You've shipped, maintained, and iterated on Android applications currently available on the Google Play Store.
- Experience using common design patterns.
- A focus on mobile UI design principles and making apps work intuitively.
- Experienced a full product lifecycle from design to release.
- Comfortable writing unit tests and architecting testable code.
- Experience collaborating with remote teams.
- ** U.S. applicants only please. **
Nice to have:
- Experience with camera/imaging applications and frameworks
- Experience with Kotlin is a huge plus as that’s what we write our apps in.
- Track record of pursuing self-directed or open source side projects.
- Generalist engineer experience. Experience building web services, and building or extending web APIs.
- An interest in machine learning, machine vision, and augmented reality.
Learn more about working at Moment: https://www.shopmoment.com/careers