What we're looking for
NWR Corp is seeking a talented individual who possesses infinite curiosity. You'll partner with our head of product and CTO to develop a strategy and pipeline to create exceptional 3D worlds and other 3D assets for NOWHERE. This is an incredible opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the future of virtual gathering as well as connect the world in a deeper and more exciting way.
What you'll do
- Partner and collaborate with engineering and product to build the future of 3D world interaction
- Work on all facets of the 3D pipeline including: modeling, texturing, lighting of 3D scenes to deliver low-Poly 3D models that work on WebXR
- Be able to iterate on WebXR for the 3D scenes to finalize product and creative requirements
- Create graphic shaders for awesome visuals
- Set up and run a streamlined workflow to create and implement 3d worlds for web
- Implement, debug, and refine 3d worlds on schedule for collaborators, partners, clients
- Help build the 3D technical art team with interviewing and mentoring 3d world building talent
- Grow to lead a team creative technologists and provide regular feedback and support
- Proficiency with a 3D modeling and Sculpting using Maya or Blender or ZBrush equivalent 3D software
- Proficiency with PBR workflows using texturing software such as Substance Designer
- At least 3+ years of experience shipping mobile games using game engines like Unity 3D or Unreal
- Knowledge of optimizing art for low poly count for mobile apps, VR, or WebXR
- Strong portfolio demonstrating acumen in 3D and realtime concepts (high and low-poly models across various settings)
- Works well in a team and can collaborate remotely (Slack, Zoom, Notion, etc...) and be self-sufficient
- Strong aesthetic sensibility: use of color and light, ability to imagine 3D worlds and create them
- Proven record of shipping features on time and on budget
- Flexible and focussed on solutions
Plus if you have experience...
- Creating events for human interaction; experience design, theatre, architecture...
- With WebXR technologies like three.js, AFrame, PlayCanvas, BabylonJS, AR.js, or similar
- Building 3D environments for VR
- Knowledge of Art History, Public Art, Architecture, Sci-Fi
- Health insurance with 75% premium covered
- Generous PTO / sick leave
- We are driven by a desire to advance human connection and believe in cultivating diversity as part of excellence, and seek teammates from all backgrounds
- As a remote team, we use asynchronous tools and daily reports to stay in the loop
- We value immediacy, integrity, inclusion, generosity, passionate collaboration, and are building NOWHERE to distribute wealth and power
- See a few fun links below from the team you'd be joining...
How to Apply
Sounds like a fit for you? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include this role's title in your subject line (it'll help us to sort through the emails)
- Tell us a bit about why you're interested and any relevant experience you have
- Attach your resume, LinkedIn, project links, pointers to code, and Github.
- Thank you for your interest!