At Modus Create you will collaborate with a cross-functional Scrum team to deliver high quality innovative products in short sprint cycles. You thrive in an independent, distributed environment. If you’ve got the chops and want to ditch the cubicle, apply to the best lean startup development team on the planet.
This contract role may be performed from a remote location and requires a level of effort estimated at 40 hours per week.
This is a full time, contract role that will be performed from a remote location. However, you must be willing to collaborate at least 4 hours per day with the client located in EDT or GMT-4.
- Use Java and Spring Boot and Spring Security to analyze, code and deliver functionality for a microservices platform for our client in the Education / Career Preparatory space
- Perform upgrade to Java 11
- Collaborate daily on a distributed scrum team
- Consult to our end client regarding development best practices
- 5+ years professional Java development experience required
- Previous experience building an application with Spring Boot
- Hands on experience Spring & Hibernate
- Have experience writing APIs with Spring MVC or similar
- Experience in following Agile/Scrum SDLC
- Be comfortable communicating in a virtual environment
- Extensive knowledge and application of Java best practices
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field
- A consistent, reliable internet connection
Let’s Talk about You
You value outcomes above all else: You have a proven track record shipping great mobile and web products. By understanding the big picture, you articulate strategy and vision with strong written and verbal communication.
You Lead by Doing: You realize that the big picture is worthless without getting your hands dirty in the technical details for strategic and tactical problem solving. You understand the value of situational leadership and can adapt to the needs and strength of your team.
You Love Work, Growth and Learning: You dream of working in a culture that values hard work, continued learning and innovation with a commitment to building amazing products for clients and their end users. You’ll stop learning when you are dead, and until then you desire to gain deeper knowledge in technology and business.