Fleetio is a modern software platform that helps thousands of organizations around the world manage their fleet operations. Transportation technology is a hot market and we’re leading the charge, with raving fans and new customers signing up every day. We're looking for a passionate iOS Engineer to join our growing engineering team and build the next wave of mobile applications.
Fleetio treats mobile as a first-class citizen, and as an iOS Engineer, you will be at the forefront of shipping features that directly enhance the lives of customers around the world. You’ll be an active participant in collaborating with design and product teams to grow ideas into features. Our apps are actively being migrated from the Ionic framework to native iOS and Android, which means you will take part in reengineering them from the ground up.
If you’re passionate about crafting quality code and building beautiful iOS applications used by tens of thousands of customers, we would love to hear from you! This is a position we consider essential to the company’s success. Be sure to mention coffee in your cover letter so we know you actually read this.
- We're hardcore believers in easy-to-use software. Crafting a delightful user experience is hard work, but we welcome the challenge and are looking for team members who share our ambition.
- We’re a startup that’s in “scale up” mode, meaning we’re past the days of just a couple of people in a small office, but we’re still very much a fast-paced, highly collaborative company.
- We’re committed to fostering a tight-knit team through various collaboration tools. We place great value on work/life balance and abhor the stereotypical 100 hours/week startup life. We have families and know you do, too.
What you'll be doing
- Craft and continuously ship well-tested, maintainable, and efficient Swift code
- Collaborate with product and design to create, design, and incrementally refine features
- Migrate existing functionality implemented in the Ionic framework to be more sleek, efficient, and performant in native iOS
- Ensure quality in your code with unit and UI tests
- Proactively identify and squash bugs as well as performance issues
- Take an active role in shaping and defining mobile engineering best practices
What's in it for you
- Be a part of an incredible team of “A” players who go above and beyond to make Fleetio a successful company. We’re a customer-centric team with a great product, excellent support, and countless happy customers.
- Work from our HQ in Birmingham, AL or REMOTELY. 50% of our Engineering Team works remotely and we strive to promote a strong remote working culture.
- Build mobile apps used daily by tens of thousands of people all around the world. So many different types of companies and organizations operate a fleet each day, and Fleetio is a good fit for most of them (it’s a huge market).
What we're looking for
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent real-world experience
- 2-3 years of experience building and shipping native iOS apps
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in crafting quality code in Swift (Objective-C is a bonus)
- Mastery of the iOS SDK and mobile-specific fundamentals (networking, multithreading, memory management)
- Pixel-perfect attention to detail in designing human-centered interfaces with UIKit
- Experienced in consuming and building RESTful APIs (Ruby on Rails, Node, or similar)
- Committed to utilizing TDD to create unit and UI tests
- Knowledgeable in the current state of the iOS ecosystem, deployment, and continuous integration best practices
- Versed in hybrid mobile applications (Ionic, React Native, NativeScript, etc.)
- 100% coverage of health and dental insurance
- 401(k) + match
- Company stock
- Dependent Care FSA and Medical FSA
- Generous PTO and 8 company holidays
- Maternity/Paternity leave
- Mac laptop, book stipend, and professional development funds
- Health and wellness initiatives
- Remote working friendly
- Monthly catered lunches and office snacks