Full-time Employee - Remote - Central / Eastern Time Zone in Canada (required)
C4Media, Inc.* - an established, global leader of continuing education and knowledge-sharing for professional software developers - is looking for a Stand-Out Human Resources Manager, to lead our People Operations and to supervise the recruiting function.
(*C4Media, Inc., founded in 2007, is based in Toronto, Canada and owns QConferences.com and InfoQ.com)
You are someone who is motivated
by our remote culture initiatives and who will support us in continuing to provide (and improve!) an amazing work experience for our culturally diverse, 100% remote and highly professional staff.
Please click video link below for role details: C4Media HR Manager video
C4Media has 45+ dedicated and passionate professionals working from home across 11 countries in Canada, the Americas and Europe. Our culture and staff satisfaction have been rated among the highest that our business coach has ever seen.
Your responsibilities will include Human Resources Management and Counsel, Recruitment Supervision, Culture Initiatives, Staff Policy, Staff Onboarding, Staff Relations, Administration, Performance Management, Legal Interpretation, and Special Projects.
While focus and projects vary throughout the year, it is important that you are equally interested in 1) HR Strategy, 2) HR Administration, 3) Culture and 4) Recruitment Supervision
(Note: payroll or benefit administration are NOT required for this position).
To be successful in this job you must be based in Canada’s EST/ CST time zone, be organized, accountable, detailed, rational, research-driven, strategic, computer literate, technology-curious and comfortable using remote team productivity software.
You need to be fluent in written & spoken English, work productively in a remote environment, be able to travel internationally on occasion and have reliable, high-speed internet, as well as a newer laptop and a quiet home office environment.
You must be proficient in skills such as complex problem solving, strategic thinking, effective communication across cultures, time management, interpersonal relating skills, project management as well as coaching and mentoring.
You need to have a customer focus, good judgement, a working knowledge of labor laws, an ability to plan & prioritize (or re-prioritize) your work-load and work well in collaborative teams.
To be qualified, your education needs to include a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree that is related to the Human Resources field.
Your work experience should be a minimum of 15 years overall progressive experience in the HR field, including:
- A minimum of 10 years
- in a senior/ advisory HR management/ administration role
- in a senior/ advisory HR strategic planning role
- of experience in US & Canadian contractor & employment law
- of experience in recruiting (preferably in a technical field)
- A minimum of 5 years
- experience managing & supervising a team
- experience working with a remote workforce
- experience working in a global / international company
- experience managing contractors
- experience using HR Mgmt software/platforms
- You must be able to share our core values of Integrity, Transparency, Accountability, Service and Continuous Improvement as well as our brand promise of providing a we-care experience.
- Join our Great Culture and an amazing global team of highly motivated individuals with diverse skills and backgrounds worldwide.
- Established, Growing Company. C4Media has been around since 2007 (12 years) and is a financially stable, growing company based out of Toronto, Canada.
- Work 100% Remotely. Your home-base can be anywhere in Central or Eastern Canada. 100% of our staff work from home. (please note that Canada EST/CST is a requirement and we will not be able to accept applications outside of this geography)
- Paid Time Off. We provide 25 paid days/calendar year in the 1st year and 30 paid days thereafter (inclusive of local public holidays).
- 4.5 Day Work-Week. The staff in Canada and the Americas takes Friday afternoons off.
- Keep Learning. We offer up to $2,500 reimbursement & 5 paid days off for qualified continuing education related to your career path.
- Have-A-Great-Life Vacation. We offer a $500-$1,000 annual contributions towards a qualified “experience vacation”
- Paid Sabbaticals. Every 5 years, full-time staff qualifies for paid sabbaticals of up to 2 months.
- Home Office Equipment. After a few months with us, we financially support some of the things that make your home office more comfortable & productive (ergonomic desks & chairs, external monitors, newer laptops, head-sets).
- Annual Company Meeting. Come and visit a new country with us every year!
- Report to the VP, Operations of C4Media.
* Benefits subject to change and local laws.
We hire based on talent. Apply only if you meet our performance and abilities guidelines. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in any aspect of the selection process. We will only be able to reach out to candidates who have been selected for assessments and interviewing. As a condition of employment, we will conduct a comprehensive reference check, including criminal record and education verification.