ClearAngel is a new product from Clearbanc!
ClearAngel is building YC for the 99% of founders. Those who traditionally don’t have access to advice, capital or network -- we want to support that long tail.
Most founders don't live in Silicon Valley or have the pristine pedigree to get in front of the "right" people. For far too long, startups have played on a scarcity model.
This is limiting the potential of founders. We fundamentally believe that great founders and companies are everywhere. Where there are problems, opportunities exist. We want to empower those founders.
We are building ClearAngel to democratize access to advice, network and capital.
We do this by scaling access to the rest of the world:
- Access to advice (knowledge, resources)
- Access to network (intros, people, community)
- Access to capital
The role of the Full-Stack Product Engineer is to collaborate on the development and maintenance of the Clear Angel’s application, responding to user feedback and business constraints in near real-time. Your responsibilities will be a superset of a typical Full-Stack Product Engineer, as there are often experiments and uncertainty that require creative solutions at the earliest stages.
Application Deadline: ongoing
What your day-to-day will look like:
- You will own technical products end to end, from design and architecture to deployment and maintenance
- Working closely with every member of the team, you will produce significant components of the ClearAngel code
- Work closely with all functions of Clearbanc, ranging from core Engineering team to Data Science team to the marketing team
- You be in constant communication with the team to understand what features of the platform need to be built out, and solve bug fixes when necessary
- You will scope out business needs for ClearAngel, and action them with speed and accuracy and then execute on it yourself
- You will run and participate in founder townhalls, communicating closely with early-stage entrepreneurs
- When it comes to product and engineering on ClearAngel, buck stops with you. Coordinate, roll up your sleeves, do what’s necessary to get the ball moving forward
You will thrive if you:
- Desire to help founders. We take a strong founder first stance on this team
- Are self sufficient when it comes to execution. Figure out how to solve problems and make things happen, not waiting for help or permission
- On this team, we maximize learning. You will fail if you're not learning fast enough
- Are comfortable working in a high growth, constantly changing environment
- Have a heavy bias towards action. Ability to solve problems end-to-end on their own. You will implement ideas and experiments on your own with minimal support
- Have experience working in a senior software engineering role, you are an expert when it comes to coding and you’re ready to roll up your sleeves to get the job done!
- Have a strong business sense, you can foresee potential issues and solve them quickly
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively across multiple teams
- Strong interest in building businesses, ecommerce, fintech
- 3+ years of experience
- You are a Ruby engineer with experience building and shipping front-end and back-end features on a Rails, Merb or Sinatra app
- You are an expert at using third party gems and external APIs to supercharge existing features
- You are comfortable with databases: migrations, indexing, backups, restoring from backups
- You are able to build front-end using HTML components from a library
- You are excited about front-end frameworks like React or Vue, but you know that it’s not necessary all the time
Clearbanc is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply. At Clearbanc, we’re committed to developing and upholding an inclusive, transparent, and comfortable environment for all. We create a space where every voice, perspective, and idea is heard and acknowledged. We embrace differences, and know that our diverse team is our strength and what drives our innovation.
Clearbanc is committed to developing a barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. If you require any accommodation, please let us know and we’ll work with you to meet your accessibility needs.