Buying stuff is easy. Buying the right thing is hard. That’s where we can help. Reviewed.com, a part of the USA TODAY Network, brings consumers the most scientific and trustworthy reviews available, written by our team of experts. We believe that tough, objective reviews are the best way to analyze products. We provide readers with insightful, practical, and entertaining stories that help them make informed decisions.
Reviewed is looking for a talented Ruby on Rails developer to join us as we extend our unique homegrown publishing platform and work to scale with our quickly growing user base. We have gone beyond traditional publishing platforms to build a dynamic application to help consumers find the best purchasing options on the products we recommend. The right candidate will help to make this platform better.
We are looking for candidates preferably in the Boston, MA or Pittsburgh, PA area, but would consider someone remote.
What is needed
- Proven expertise with Ruby on Rails development, developing well-tested and organized applications
- Excited about optimization, performance and scaling to deliver great content to millions of users
- Interest in crafting an excellent user experience, both for the reader and for the publishing teams
- Excellent communication skills. We communicate constantly via chat and video about ideas, issues, and to help each other out
- A desire to be part of a small team where your opinions, ideas, and creativity are valued
Technical skills required
- Real-world web development with Ruby on Rails
- PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch
- Test-driven development using Rspec, Minitest or similar
- Basic git usage and git-flow workflow
- Deployment and management of applications on Heroku and AWS-based infrastructure
- Service-oriented architectures and API design and integrations
Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands, digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit www.gannett.com.
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.