👋 We're on the hunt for a full-stack developer to join our fully-remote, VC-backed team to shake up the audio space!
🚀 Online learning is growing - 4x in the pandemic to be exact.
👀 Looking for a full-stack developer with 3+ yrs React experience under their belt.
Sound like you? Keep on reading 👇
Video learning is so 2005.
AVID is the easiest way to share your knowledge and monetise it through audio lessons. Discovering our shared passion in lifelong learning, we've been on a rapid journey building our product and now have VC-backing to fuel our next stage of development.
We're a team of 5 looking for a Full-stack Developer to join our team on a full-time basis. We're excited to add another enthusiastic member to our engineering team to help further develop our Creator Studio web app and native iOS learner app. As a founding team member, you'll also be rewarded with equity for your commitment to the vision, and potential to become the engineering lead.
If you're someone who is able to work from the ground up and likes to get their hands dirty, then this role is for you. You'll hold a crucial role in the intersection between our engineering team, users and the world.
PS If you are a strong frontend engineer with limited backend experience (even just to your personal projects), don't hesitate to apply.
What are we looking for?
- 3+ years of experience developing Web and Back-end apps
- Experience with NodeJS, ExpressJS, ReactJS, NextJS, HTML, CSS, SASS, and ideally with iOS (Swift) too
- Proficient in code versioning tools like Git
- Familiarity with database, APIs and severs a must, and ideal if also with AppStore Connect and CocoaPods
- Experience with continuous integration (Heroku, Netlify)
- Ability to take initiative and employ good judgment
What you will be doing?
- Design and build our front-end and back-end products
- Collaborate with the product team to define app features
- Ensure quality and performance of application
- Work on bug fixing and on improving the application performance
- Maintain the application code base
- Design and implement application updates
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
Would be nice to have:
- Experience with audio files creation and manipulation (M3U8, streams)
- Familiarity with Firebase (Database and Storage)
- Experience with Stripe (Payments and Connect)
- Ability to write and implement unit tests
Why work for AVID?
- Flexible Work Hours + Remote: since we live by our philosophy of remote learning, you're free to work from anywhere as long as you are available +/- 4 hours of London (BST) working hours.
- Remote Working Holiday: once the world is back to normal, you'll have the opportunity to go on a team-based remote location every other month.
- Ownership & Growth: You will take full ownership in the critical task of launching a new product to market.
- Salary: £ 40-60k / year
Please apply using this link. Thank you!