IT outsourcing company Syndicode is looking for a JS Developer with at least 3 years of experience. The role is full-time. Below is the detailed Q&A info.
WHO ARE WE?
Syndicode operates on the market since 2014. We are an IT outsourcing company, developing integrated solutions and products that help businesses achieve their goals. Our main development technologies: Ruby on Rails, Node.js, React.js. Our offices are located in Kyiv and Dnipro. Many people also work remotely from other cities in Ukraine.
WHAT ARE WE DOING?
Who are our customers? — Middle and small businesses, startups.Geography of projects? — US, EU, Australia.
Niche examination? — SaaS, marketplace.
WHAT IS THE PROJECT?
The project is a newly founded healthtech startup based in Bern. It helps surgeons boost quality and increase efficiency by transferring the insights and technology found in aviation to the activities within an operating room.
Our easy-to-use software platform allows surgeons to quickly implement checks and procedures that improve quality and risk control. Building on this platform, we also plan to enable them to share best practices and access relevant insights and data-based advice in real-time.
WHAT PROFESSIONAL SKILLS ARE VITAL TO US?
BASIC REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
• Computer science fundamentals knowledge;
• Experience with Git and web-based version control platforms like Github;
• Experience in designing, building, consuming and documenting APIs;
• Excellent organizational and communication skills;
• Ability to work in an Agile / Kanban methodology.
• Strong SPA development experience (mid to large scale apps);
• Solid knowledge of React development best practices, concepts and ecosystem;
• Expert in HTML5 and CSS3, including CSS methodologies & build tools;
• Ability to create maintainable component systems, component-driven architecture.
• Proficient in Node.js ecosystem;
• Practical Express.js experience;
• REST API (Internal and Public development/usage);
• Understanding of relational database concepts and modeling practices;
• MySQL (Some of the tables have hundreds of millions of records);
• AWS (CloudWatch, EC2, S3, etc.).
WHAT MAIN TASKS WILL YOU PERFORM?
• Translate business requirements into technical specifications;
• Participate in sprint planning;
• Implement new products and features;
• Work in an agile team using pull request based code reviews, automated testing and communication with the client.
WHAT ABOUT LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY?
Our candidate should have an Upper-Intermediate English level (B2 ) or higher to communicate with clients.
WHAT PERSONAL QUALITIES SHOULD OUR CANDIDATE HAVE?
Purposefulness, discipline, self-organization, honesty.
• Is there a trial period, and how long does it last? — Two months.
• How often are there overtimes, and what is the approach to payment? — We aim to maintain a work-life balance and usually do not practice overtime. In exceptions, we pay 100% as a standard working day.
• What is the work schedule? — We focus not on the hours but the result. The working schedule is flexible, from 8:00-11:00to
• Is it possible to work remotely for some days? — Each employee has the opportunity to work remotely or full remote.
• What is the number of vacation days? — Fifteen working days, excluding holidays and weekends.
• What is the number of paid sick days per year? — Sick leaves are unlimited. The company provides 100% compensation for all sick days.
• Is the office open or closed layout? — We have a
• Office address: Sofievskaya 1/2a, Kyiv / Hlinky 2, of. 1003, Dnipro
How many stages of the interview? — 3 steps: HR, Tech interview, and Final interview with the client.
IF YOU LIKE EVERYTHING, PLEASE SEND YOUR CVS. LOOKING FORWARD TO YOUR INQUIRIES!