Uscreen is a hyper-growth (and profitable) bootstrapped product-led SaaS business. We are revolutionizing the way that video-based entrepreneurs & creators monetize their content. Uscreen has grown from 30 to 100 employees over the last year -- with the best yet to come!
Uscreen provides an all-in-one platform for entrepreneurs to sell subscriptions, VOD, and live-streamed events on the web, through mobile apps, and via OTT (over-the-top) devices. 10,000+ video creators build, market, and sell their content with Uscreen -- and they generate hundreds-of-millions of dollars in revenue doing it.
As a programmer on our monolith team, you will work on various features and participate in refactoring the codebase.
In our team, we have dedicated backend programmers, but you still need to understand how our backend is structured.
Here are some things we’ve worked on recently to give you a sense of what you’ll be doing day-to-day:
How we work
We usually work on the new features in a small group of 1-3 developers & one designer. We are using the approach described by Basecamp for project management called Shape Up.
Remote & async
We are a remote team distributed in different time zones, so we develop a rule of overlapping time from 9 to noon EST time.
We are searching for a person who can work can be responsible for implementing ideas from A-Z. You’re a Manager of One. You take ownership and you trying deeply understand each feature and code change.
What we will require from you
- excellent communication skills (Russian & English)
- desire to understand business logic and help customers
- happiness without toxic behavior
- Ruby knowledge - is a big plus. We are using the Ruby on Rails framework.
- Rails doctrine commitment
- 20 days of paid vacation every year.
- courses and books reimbursement
- flexible and adequate work schedule
- no rush/pain-in-ass unrealistic deadlines