BriteCore is seeking to hire a Frontend/Analytics Engineer to help us build a robust set of user analytics information for our application. Currently, our application uses Google Analytics in a limited way, and we don't have much in-house knowledge about best practices for building out and collecting information throughout our application.
This position would be on our recently formed frontend team, and the expectation is that once our analytics suite is setup and working well, you could also contribute to more general frontend features. Our frontend team is responsible for managing a shared interface used by more than 20 of our product teams. They are also responsible for maintaining our design system, which can be seen at ui.britecore.com.
As an analytics engineer, you could be expected to do the following things, although your own expertise and advice will likely shape your responsibilities as well:
- Implement on page actions, click analytics, and event tracking.
- Create funnel tracking to determine overall workflow completion percentages for key tasks in BriteCore application.
- Research and Implement technical framework for A/B testing of UI changes in our application (alternative layouts, components, features, etc.).
- Guide other product teams in analytics best practices for their work.
- Bonus Points if you understand how to craft reports in the analytics tool, although we have design researchers who would be handling the bulk of this work.
As a frontend engineer, you might be expected to do the following:
- Help draft standards around JS conventions
- Help engineer a micro-frontend system for the BriteCore platform
- Work with a designer to implement new components
- Improve our utilization of Vuex
- Architect and implement highly reusable, configurable Vue components
- Improve our testing framework to ensure components can be safely and predictably modified
- Create easier ways for our clients to add UI customizations and theming
- Several years of experience in the field is preferred
- Experience implementing analytics in a real world environment
- Vue.js experience highly preferred, frontend JS framework experience required
- Review code and PRs, and provide constructive feedback to team members
- Communicate clearly and effectively over chat and video conference
- Welcome feedback and collaboration
- Be friendly, confident, and patient with others
- Ship code on time
- Stay familiar with the latest web development trends
- Be online and working, Monday through Friday, from roughly 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. UTC
- Retirement plan with 3% company match
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- Short and long term disability
- Flexible schedule with unlimited vacation time
- Fully remote work in a remote-first company
- Relaxed work environment