ABOUT THE ROLE
As a Front-end/Full-stack Developer, you'll be working as part of a cross-functional team of developers, designers, solutions consultants and agile project managers, to build best-in-class e-commerce websites on Shopify Plus.
As a leading member of the development team, you’ll be tackling our most challenging builds, solving complex technical problems for our clients.
- Building and enhancing exceptional Shopify Plus websites using Liquid, HTML, SCSS and JS.
- Building ‘headless’ Shopify Plus websites using Vue.js, Nuxt.js, Contentful and other Content-as-a-Service platforms
- Architecting technical Shopify solutions that solve client requirements
- Collaborating with our design and UX team to create high-quality front ends that function beautifully on any device.
- Working with Product Owners to deliver development work on time and within budget
- Writing Technical Specifications
- Presenting your work to clients alongside the Product Owner, explaining complex technical solutions to non-technical stakeholders.
- Developing and executing testing plans
- Working with solutions consultants to scope out new work for clients
- Performing code reviews for other developers on your team
- Helping define and develop our internal development tools and processes
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- You will have 3-5 years experience working on production code--preferably with applicable ecommerce development experience
- You will have excellent knowledge of modern cross-browser HTML5+, ES6+ and CSS3+ (SCSS)
- You will be well-versed in modern web development architecture and best-practices
- You will have significant experience working with modern JS frameworks (Vue.js, React, etc.)
- You will have experience building high-quality, responsive layouts and with smooth interactions, transitions and animations
- You will be confident in architecting best practice modular web development.
- You will have experience writing technical specifications
- You’ll be experienced with version control and Git flows
- You will be fluent in interpreting and working with third-party APIs
- You will have deep knowledge of web performance best-practice, developing for accessibility and best-practice technical SEO
- You will have experience working within agile environments including Scrum / Kanban
- You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You will be keen to share your knowledge with the rest of the development team through code reviews, training and mentoring
- You will be a smart, proactive, fast-learning team player with a ‘can do’ attitude
Bonus points if you have...
- Experience working with Shopify or other ecommerce platforms, such as Magento, Hybris, or Salesforce Commerce Cloud.
- Experience working on ‘Headless’ commerce projects
- Experience architecting software solutions (full-stack)
- Experience of working with iPaaS / middleware tools
- Experience creating and enforcing team-wide processes/best-practices
- Experience managing developers / development teams
- Salary based on experience.
- 20 days holiday paid + your birthday + 8 bank holidays + 1.5 additional days per year served, uncapped.
- Fun, challenging projects for interesting, creative clients.
- Discounted gym memberships, food, entertainment and travel. **
- Flexible working: remote, in-office or some combination of the two. **
- An inspiring, comfortable and social office on Leather Lane market in Farringdon with good transport connections and a secure, onsite, bike shed.**
- We’re a social bunch so expect to have fun with drinks, monthly team outings and an annual company-wide event.
- The opportunity to travel to and work at our NYC office.
- We invest in our team and aim to provide anything you need to expand and nurture your skills including training and equipment. We also reward talent and leadership skills, with a clear promotion path for those who excel.
- Free tea, coffee, fruit and snacks. Think in-office tuck shop level of snacks, only free. **
** A note about Covid-19: To ensure the safety of our team, we're currently operating as a fully remote company. We will reopen the office when we feel it's safe to do so, giving people the option to work fully in-office, fully remote or some combination of the two.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.