Our mission is to build the world's leading online-to-offline shopping solution.
Locally was founded in 2014
in anticipation of changes in consumer behavior. We saw that shoppers were increasingly turning to internet-connected devices for decision-making and that nearby stores, the brands they carry, and their on-hand inventory were invisible to shoppers. So we built a solution.
Today, we help thousands of stores present their selection to nearby shoppers using ecommerce strategies. We provide users with novel, last-mile fulfillment options like in-store pickup and same-day delivery. We power over a million unique shopper engagements per day.
We are looking for a Front-end Engineer to join our team. In this role you will help us define the next generation of our product, especially shopper-facing UIs!
We are at the first step of a redesign and want to shift to a modernized, component-based framework with an SPA-driven architecture.
We are a passionate, creative, and mission-driven team with the support of leaders in retail and several hundred of the world’s best brands.
What You’ll be Doing
- Work with our designer to create components, layouts and a design system
- Collaborate with the wider dev team on front-end API evolution
- Create and expand the capabilities of our web front-end using a modern framework
- Contribute to an updated design system
- Help us make great decisions about the future of our front-end stack!
- 4 years of professional development experience
- Experience with React, Vue or Angular
- Solid grasp of CSS foundations
- Some experience with web package managers and task runners
- Bonus points for GraphQL API design experience
- Bonus points for animation experience
Why You'd Want to Work at Locally
We’re an all-remote, growing, mission-driven startup with a casual and pragmatic culture. We offer competitive salaries and benefits including stock options, PTO, retirement plan, and major medical and dental coverage.
Locally is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or any employment decision based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or other applicable legally protected characteristic.