Loco2 is looking for Experienced Web Developers to work with experienced team members, to help us scale effectively without succumbing to the potential pitfalls of a microservices approach. You will to work on both existing and new products that are transforming our industry. Additionally, you will play an essential role in the strategy, conception and developing technologies and new features for our company.
This is a Full-time, working office hours, usually from 9.30-6 GMT. There’s flexibility in working hours and we offer a generous holiday allowance and a salary that reflects your experience.
This is a remote position, you might, however, be required to visit the office at Old Street to attend to business meetings, events, and so on.
- A Ruby library for communicating with train booking APIs
- A traditional multi-page web application written in Ruby on Rails, using CoffeeScript and SCSS
- AWS hosted Docker infrastructure, with continuous delivery
- A hybrid iOS app written in Swift
- A hybrid Android app written in Kotlin
The ideal candidate
Our ideal candidate meets many - but not necessarily all - of the below criteria.
- 3+ years of professional web development experience
- You take pride in your craft and adhere to industry best practices for testing, code linting, peer review and clean modular maintainable code
- You have a keen appetite for self-improvement and growth, but don’t hesitate to ask for help when needed
- You strive to discover and understand the root cause of problems, suggesting new and improved solutions, rather than treating the symptoms
- Fluent in English, even if it’s not your first language. Our current team comes from more than 7 different countries and we’re excited to add more!
- You’re confident communicating and sharing complex information and learnings with both technical and non-technical team members
- Can work hours that have some overlap with London daytime
- Motivated by Loco2's mission
Some questions we'd like you to include in your application:
- What are some of the most challenging/interesting programming tasks you have worked on?
- Why do you want to work for Loco2?
- In what country and timezone do you live?
- What are your approximate salary expectations? (please state currency)